Mercedes Vario Running Issues - No Power

Anton2k3

Adventurer
Hey guys,

Came to use my van after 9 months of sitting, but had to cancel my holiday due to an issue with the engine. Its suffering from low power, and struggles to rev past 1500-1800 rpm. Ive changed the fuel filters (main and pre). There are no lights on the dash and no fault codes coming up. I've taken it to the local mercedes truck garage for what i had hoped to be a quick diagnosis, but they have now spent 4 hours diagnosing, told me it was the fuel rail pressure regulator, and have now informed me that didn't fix it and want another 2 hours for diagnosis....110 quid an hour! Jokers. After a discussion they have agreed to knock 25% off the 4h, and do another 2 hours for free.

But, have you guys got any ideas what the problem is? I wish I had the time to diagnose myself. They haven't even attached temporary fuel lines and fed from a jerry can yet to rule out line blockage of tank issue! I'm astonished.

I can see it going towards fuel pumps or a blocked nozzle. Any input?

Thanks for any help

fietsryer

Have you checked the air filter and air supply? Could be an obstruction in the air supply suffocating the engine at higher rpm's.

andylod

Tea Drinker :-)
Do you have an exhaust brake ? if so could it be stuck slightly ?? just a thought
Andy

docka

Adventurer
I had a fuel issue where the rubber tank overflow/air feed tube had disintegrated and got into the tank/fuel supply but it seemed to sort of burn itself out...

Anton - I'd be interested to know what you are reading fault codes with as I could do with something for my Vario and if it would also read my VW T5 that would be great too...

Good luck getting it sorted, please keep us informed as it's probably something that could affect all us Vario owners whose vehicles sit stationary for much of the time.
Shame it ruined your holiday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz