Doc's Daily: a '96 T100.

Amphibeast

Adventurer
What is the Odometer reading on your T100?…. are you having any clutch pedal issues with the bracket? Iv gone thru 2 already…. need a good solution. Kudos on the build… Im gonna take a few pointers here.. I like your gauge cluster! I'm currently building mine up for Baja…. Toyota "Beach"cruiser…….

Doc_

Sammich!
What is the Odometer reading on your T100?…. are you having any clutch pedal issues with the bracket? Iv gone thru 2 already…. need a good solution. Kudos on the build… Im gonna take a few pointers here.. I like your gauge cluster! I'm currently building mine up for Baja…. Toyota "Beach"cruiser…….

Good luck with your build, I like the sound of your plans!
Venture's just ticked over 240K and some change and running strong. I've just had to go through my heater hoses, otherwise no issues. What bracket are we talking about? The mounting bracket for the slave cylinder? I've never had any issues with it.

Did probes come with that thermometer setup?

Yeah, the thermometer comes with really well-made probes that interface to the back of the unit via phone-style plugs. It's really nice.

Amphibeast

Adventurer
Clutch bracket inside the cab tend to tweak or crack... Firewall cracks as well where it mounts thru to the master cylinder... This causes clutch to not engage

Clutch

<---Pass
What is the bed size on those T100 extra cab's?

I have always been a Toyota mini-truck guy, but I keep on seeing T100's running around here...looks to be a decent size between the mini and fullsizes.

Does any topper manufacture still make caps for them, or is what you can find on the used market?

dman93

Adventurer
It's a full-size bed ... 6' long and just over 48" between wheel wells. Pretty roomy cab as well.

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
What is the Odometer reading on your T100?…. are you having any clutch pedal issues with the bracket? Iv gone thru 2 already…. need a good solution.

I just recently replaced my clutch flexible hose that is between the master cylinder and slave. I was still getting notchy shifting even after replacing the hydraulics and getting a fresh clutch. I was beginning to think it was my bracket assembly as they are notorious for cracking, then I thought of that hose. I was under the truck a couple weeks ago and gave the clutch hose an inspection.. it was super pliable and I could get it to compress pretty easily by squeezing it. I figured 220k miles and pushing 20 years is asking a bit much for that little guy. I ordered up a new front brake hose (same as clutch line) swapped it out and my notchy shifting is 90% gone! The other 10% I chalk up to the transmissions age.

Amphibeast

Adventurer
I just recently replaced my clutch flexible hose that is between the master cylinder and slave. I was still getting notchy shifting even after replacing the hydraulics and getting a fresh clutch. I was beginning to think it was my bracket assembly as they are notorious for cracking, then I thought of that hose. I was under the truck a couple weeks ago and gave the clutch hose an inspection.. it was super pliable and I could get it to compress pretty easily by squeezing it. I figured 220k miles and pushing 20 years is asking a bit much for that little guy. I ordered up a new front brake hose (same as clutch line) swapped it out and my notchy shifting is 90% gone! The other 10% I chalk up to the transmissions age.

Good intel on this&#8230;. I will give that a look over as well&#8230; By bracket looks good, I do have some small cracks on the firewall but a plate over that so there should be no "flex" there&#8230;. I do know there is an adjustment on the push rod going into the master cylinder that is adjustable as well so Im gonna try that route as well. Damn good truck&#8230; no probe other than replacing CV boots next!

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
I adjusted my pedal using these instructions from a '93 pickup FSM. The bracket is the same as our T100's. There are 3 things to take into account: pedal height, push rod play, and pedal freeplay.

FgYuj9.png

Sorry for the thread jack Doc!

Last edited:

Doc_

Sammich!
What is the bed size on those T100 extra cab's?

I have always been a Toyota mini-truck guy, but I keep on seeing T100's running around here...looks to be a decent size between the mini and fullsizes.

Does any topper manufacture still make caps for them, or is what you can find on the used market?

Sorry, I've been away from the internet lately.
The x-cab T100 has a 6' 3" bed while standard cab is 7'. I have found outfits that make new shells, mostly places like ARE. It's hard to find shells for these truck because of the oddball 75" bed length and curvature of the cab. I lucked out and bought a used shell from my mechanic in decent shape.

I really like the idea of the T100: it's a compact full-size, from Toyota's maverick days. I think the wheelbase is about the same as an X-Cab third-gen, so it's got a great turning circle and can park in compact spaces with little overhang. Too bad every brand is drinking the BigLargeHuge kool-aid these days.

Clutch

<---Pass
Sorry, I've been away from the internet lately.
The x-cab T100 has a 6' 3" bed while standard cab is 7'. I have found outfits that make new shells, mostly places like ARE. It's hard to find shells for these truck because of the oddball 75" bed length and curvature of the cab. I lucked out and bought a used shell from my mechanic in decent shape.

I really like the idea of the T100: it's a compact full-size, from Toyota's maverick days. I think the wheelbase is about the same as an X-Cab third-gen, so it's got a great turning circle and can park in compact spaces with little overhang. Too bad every brand is drinking the BigLargeHuge kool-aid these days.

No worries. They keep on popping on my Toyota truck searches (I haven't paid too much attention to the T100's in the past)...looking to get a 4WD truck for the better half. Resale on the T100's is still pretty high here...have been scouring the Washington, Oregon, Idaho craigslist.

Oh yeah, 1/2 ton trucks are almost too big anymore. Went and test drove a bunch here recently...sure they are very nice...almost too much though. Real curious about the new Ridgeline...but my frugal ******** doesn't want to pay that much for a vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94