Safety recall on certain 2013 and 2014 model year RAM Trucks.

chet6.7

Explorer
My truck was built in the time period of the recall.
I checked the welds,there are no visible cracks. From what I remember from the thread on CF,I believe there is supposed to be a more coming from FCA on Oct. 9.

08/26/2015
New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – R46082615
FCA US LLC announced a safety recall on certain 2013 and 2014 model year (DJ / D2 / DD) RAM Trucks.
Some of the above vehicles may have a front suspension track bar frame bracket that was improperly welded during the manufacturing process. The front suspension track bar frame bracket welds may break and allow the front suspension track bar frame bracket to separate from the frame rail. A separated front suspension track bar frame bracket will cause diminished steering response and could cause a crash without warning under certain driving conditions.
FCA will conduct a voluntary safety recall on all involved vehicles to inspect the front suspension track bar frame bracket.
 For vehicles without a separated front suspension track bar frame bracket and/or cracked weld(s), additional support brackets must be installed.
 For vehicles with a separated front suspension track bar frame bracket and/or cracked weld(s), a new front suspension track bar frame bracket must be welded to the frame.

Dealers will be notified of the launch of this safety recall by way of established methods used in the past.
We ask that you please take the time to ensure that your personnel are aware of this communication and are prepared to execute a customer friendly process for inquiries on involved vehicles.
Customer Services Field Operations FCA US LLC

Recall R46 / NHTSA Campaign Number: 15V-541

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners...eria.make=RAM&searchCriteria.prod_ids=1973413

Last edited:

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Even the factory doesn't have certified welders. Those are all robot welds.

How hard would it cost to toss the parts in a jig at the factory and have a real live human weld them properly? It might be time. Maybe some steps should be done the old way.

chet6.7

Explorer
From what I read on CF,the bad welds were done by poorly trained humans on a second shift,the welds done by robots are OK.
The welds on my A.R.E. DCU would get an F on the first day of any welding class.
These companies must be recruiting at a soup kitchen.
I had to rent a freaking mini van for my trip.
I will lose money to get out of this truck...pretty pissed at FCA......

RoyJ

Adventurer
What dealer has certified welders?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2

That'll be my first concern. Depending on the level of heat treatment done at the factory, an improper weld can either weaken the treatment, or create stress by too high of a heating and cooling rate.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Wow. Big mistake on dodges part. I assumed it was all robot welds because the trucks made in Mexico.

Bring the factory back to the USA. Expert welders are a dime a dozen here. You have to be an expert just to make a living wage at welding around here.

I need to get mine checked out.

Pictures of what the bad welds look like when broken:

From: http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2...d-drw-track-bar-bracket-broke-away-frame.html

20150213_094213_zps4bceb90c.jpg.html

20150213_094223_zps5db82ee5.jpg.html

Capture_zpsdb4d314b.jpg.html

Capture_zpsdb4d314b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior