Somedayilllearn's Bear

SomedayAdventure

Writer/Photographer
A SoCal Adventure

So things are up and running in for the most part looking up. The steering wheel is fixed, the windshield is fixed, and the track bar is mostly all good to go with the alignment unchecked but appearing mostly good.

This last week I landed a gig working for Visit California to write a blog post about Southern California. The objective was to hit Lake Arrowhead, Big Bear, and the Sequoia National Park. This gave me plenty of reason to take a truck out and hit the road.

Blog post:
https://somedayilllearn.com/vacation-planning/

NS2_1827.jpg

Attachments

• NS2_1827.jpg
    NS2_1827.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 76

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I've been following along with the Visit California page on IG, pretty cool!

A few questions, which model SnugTop are you running, did you get the Outdoorsman upgrade with it (strengthens the roof for the added static weight of gear, etc.), and how is it holding up with all of the off-road miles and "airborne" abuse? Would you go with a camper shell again if you had to do it all over?

SomedayAdventure

Writer/Photographer
I've been following along with the Visit California page on IG, pretty cool!

A few questions, which model SnugTop are you running, did you get the Outdoorsman upgrade with it (strengthens the roof for the added static weight of gear, etc.), and how is it holding up with all of the off-road miles and "airborne" abuse? Would you go with a camper shell again if you had to do it all over?

Hey, I'm so sorry about the delay in response. I've been having a hell of a time with the forum not letting me post from my phone (tech problem). Again, really sorry about that.

The fast answer is "yes" i would get a SnugTop again. I do have the outdoorsman package and it is essential as far as I am concerned regardless of tent. Why would you not want to reenforce your roof. I can get up on mine for a view if I wanted and having that gives me a lot more options (i.e. tent, storage, fuel, tools, solar panes...which is a plan right now for the white truck...lights, gear like coolers, bikes, poles, skis, snow/surf boards/kayaks...and on and on.

Other than a seal issue on the side windows due to extreme heat while driving through Texas, no issues. It took the shop about an hour and half to fix.

Thanks again. Hit me up on IG if you want faster replies lol.

SomedayAdventure

Writer/Photographer
So, quick update.

I got the steering wheel fixed, the windshield is fixed, and with the help of @palmofthewild , I got the front bumper straightened out. It was off by about quarter inch and I just couldn't stand it.

Next up, new leaf springs

D29E3DB8-9DB6-4AB1-A4A7-10FC53449780.jpg

SomedayAdventure

Writer/Photographer
Everything slides together.
At this point, my truck feels weird if I DON’T have the Bedslide in it. Being lifted, capped, and an 8 foot bed makes just about everything 3 feet or more deep in the bed just plain hard to reach.

And, it makes a great changing table wherever I go. Oh, and view deck
DD8F02D0-1218-44AA-874B-BF8F9556E3E0.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier