New to the scene...

12xplore

Observer
I have browsed this site for a while now while in the process of completing my project. Close enough to finished now to jump into the mix. Just a brief run down for now, more photos to follow, including the interior which will be nearly finished this weekend.
I'm from the Northwest and usually travel or a month or two at a time throughout the west. This was previously done in my 2012 Rubicon JKU, which I loved! However, after realizing I wanted more time off the beaten path I decided something larger and more comfortable for extended trips was in order.
I picked up a 2014 E250 extended cargo with the V8. I like to travel light and don't plan to tow so that motor works. I ordered a top from Fiberine and had a body shop install the top and paint everything. Have a friend that does boat interiors for a living take care of the inside. Took it to Quadvan in Portland for the 4wd conversion and tires and wheels. I went with the 4 inch lift and 285/70/17 BFG KO2s.

It should be ready to launch on its first road trip next week. No planned route but will hit Moab and likely the Mohave Road Trail along the way.
Always open to advice, comments or suggestion!

I posted this in another section before seeing this one.... apologies to the moderator!

Attachments

• 20151015_135157~3 [267474].jpg
    20151015_135157~3 [267474].jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 61

Jb1rd

Explorer
SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! X3 on the color and you are going to love the room that that top affords you!! Check out Goblin Valley when you are down that way and the river road is amazing too!!!

illking

Observer
+1 on goblin valley, I camped at the campground there but it seems like theres free camping not far and some fun off road trails we explored.

img_4287roadtripgoblinvally.jpg

img_4213roadtripgoblinvally.jpg

img_4222roadtripgoblinvally.jpg

12xplore

Observer
Thanks for the comments. I'll be posting more photos, including some interior shots next week. Meeting the interior guy in the morning for a bit more work!
I don't know anything about Goblin but I'll check it out when I'm down there, thanks for the tip!

12xplore

Observer
Has been a long time since I updated this but here are a couple shots from the shake down trip. Stayed off the interstate as much as possible from Seattle to Utah, then hit all 5 parks. Then to Death Valley, up 395 to Reno, over the SF then down Highway 1 to Pismo Beach and on to SD. Took a more direct route back to Seattle as I needed to get to New Zealand for a couple months of work, which is where I am now.

While on the drive I decided a few changes to the interior were in order so dropped off the van in Port Angeles with the interior guy. I'll be back next month and the van should be ready to hit the road again for another month or two of travel.

Will update with interior photos once I pick it up.

White Rim Trail

20151027_125108.jpg

Lone Pine

20151105_133119.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94