2016 chevy colorado

hollinger13

Went to the dealer last week to inquire about the release date of the 2.8l diesel. Will be out in Canada in the spring of 2016. I will be test driving it as soon as I can and if it's all I hope it will be, I will be purchasing one that day. Now my question is; while looking at parts for a mild build and trying to budget, I can not find very many parts. No skid plates, bumpers, or suspension parts I'd be interested in. But, when I look at Holden colorados out of Australia, they have everything I could want. Lots direct from the factory, or from arb. Does anyone know if the holden parts will fit? Or are the differences to large? They share the engine and transmission, wheels look the same. But I can't find anything that tells me if the parts will fit.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Waiting to test drive a Diesel canyon my self. Guessing two month out till they hit dealers. Then another two months before any dealer has one they'll let people test drive. Be warned I was told many dealers are playing the MSRP game given they are easy to sell.

hollinger13

The dealer in Canada said they will be put in spring. Left all my info and he is supposed to call me when they can be ordered. Not alot of info out there. The Australian version is giving 30+ mpg, so I'm hoping the north American version will be similar. If you look at the holden website, they offer nice looking bumpers and snorkel packages, but I'm pretty sure those won't make it over here. Arb has lots of gear for the Australian version as well, bumpers, lockers, skid plates, and full OME suspension packages.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Gear from Australia can be had in North America the only snag is the currency rates. Only costs money ;-)
Though it seems the experienced mid sized guys all pay really close attention to weight regarding add ons. ARB makes great stuff but it isnt light. I think my dream ride would be a Canyon diesel, with flatbed FWC, sitting on a Icon stage 4 kit, with a hidden winch stashed behind the stock bumper with the skirt removed. Later maybe a basic Aluminum clean front bumper with recessed tow points.

jgreen11

I talked to a GM Proving Grounds employee last weekend in Houghton, MI that had VIN # 174 Canyon Duramax. He said that over the course of 4000 miles, he has averaged 28 mpg.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Doesn't surprise me. I suspect the Diesels will be very hard to get and very popular. Dodge has already shown thats the case with their 3L rigs. I hope GM plans on having capacity ramped up.

Clutch

<---Pass
Gear from Australia can be had in North America the only snag is the currency rates. Only costs money ;-)
Though it seems the experienced mid sized guys all pay really close attention to weight regarding add ons. ARB makes great stuff but it isnt light. I think my dream ride would be a Canyon diesel, with flatbed FWC, sitting on a Icon stage 4 kit, with a hidden winch stashed behind the stock bumper with the skirt removed. Later maybe a basic Aluminum clean front bumper with recessed tow points.

That sounds like a great setup...just too bad they only offer the diesel on the upper trims and not the WT model, and no extra cab. You can get the WT with a bed & rear seat delete... only a $300 cost savings, but the payload is around 2000 lbs. IIRC

Have a feeling the diesel Colorado is going to be the next hot platform.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
My case the Finance Manager will nix anything lacking lumbar adjustment on the passenger side. So loaded Canyon is my only option. LOL

hollinger13

Listening to GM, they predict that 10% of sales will be the diesel. I think they will be shocked at how many they sell. Everyone I've talked to about the diesel option is quite interested. For some reason the manufacturers dont think we want diesel engines in North America that aren't in large trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94