Big Bend 2015 with Texas Overland

BlindWilly

TXpedition
GPX files

I got these GPX files from a guy on bigbendchat.com
This is his hobby, I believe. Mapping trails and waypoints in the Big Bend Area.
I imported them into google earth pro to view them, I don't know if they will import into anything else, I haven't tried it yet.

Attachments

• Cannons Big Bend Share.gpx
    1 MB · Views: 94
  • Cannons Big Bend Share R1.gpx
    1 MB · Views: 30
J

JWP58

Man, this is awesome! See any quail on the trip?

Heading back to the home state and hitting Big Bend is on the bucket list!

Torq

Observer
Nice trip. Awesome to have some good overlanding close enough for a long weekend trip. Not much overlanding like that here on the East Coast...

devero4

Adventurer
Any way to get a more exact route of which way yall went after leaving Alpine?
We took 90 to 67 (Alpine to Marfa) and headed down 67, into Presidio, then 170 onto Bofecillos

Man, this is awesome! See any quail on the trip?

Heading back to the home state and hitting Big Bend is on the bucket list!

No sir, all we saw were jack rabbits haha

Thanks for sharing. Love the 62 :drool:

Technically it's a "61" but it is very awesome!

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
We did Big Bend NP last Oct and loved it. Only 4 days but that was enough to get us to head back for a week this year around the same time. Weather was perfect in Oct and the crowds were small and actually non-existent on the primitive roads. Since we didn't know the lay of the land we wound up staying in one of the improved campgrounds but this year will a primitive site.

devero4

Adventurer
October seems to be one of the best times to go to beat the crowds. Haven't done the NP yet, but hoping to get there some time this year. We too only had 4 days to work with. It's crazy how little of a dent you make in 4 days... It could take many years to see everything there is to see in the BB region

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles