Tubs: My 2004 E350 Build

Add a couple updates on how the build is doing.

100w solar is doing fine. Worn out 105a battery is slowly dying though. Only running ARB fridge, Maxxfan, small 12v fan, and 12v phone chargers.

Should have added a water tank. Right now I have a 5 gallon jerry can with electric pump, 2 gal water container, and 3gal Zodi shower container. I figured that would be enough but it is only enough water for 2-3 days if we take one shower. We are splitting the 3 gals of water for the shower. 2/3 her, 1/3 for me. Next build will have a 20-30 gallon tank.

Ran out of time and only have AAA LED push lights in 3 locations. They are kinda dim for reading and wish I had time to install the 12v LED rope lighting I had.

The ride of the Bilstein shocks have been less than impressive off road, especially over wash board roads. Have to drive especially slow to keep the van from bouncing itself to death. Airing down helped some but at 55psi I get passed by passenger cars.

Next build will also have an inverter and a microwave to reheat left overs.

Overall this trip had given me a clear plan in what I want in the future. Down the road I hope to find a low mileage EB e350 w/ V10 and high top. 4wd will added just for peace of mind and allow me to get further out to camp away from the crowds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df18612416f41937d6fdb58907f30985.jpg

799c6ef19e04f05069d6cb9a9b66cd50.jpg

a4aecea1a4412bdcd6ee707fba0ca9c2.jpg

3546666885e794e12275866f21918b5f.jpg

1a682f78fe7dceb7bc1459bcd06e7c0b.jpg

Kinda slow on uploading pics.

Feel free to follow along on Instagram under #wheeliswalkabout for better updates and pictures.

SirMrManGuy

Observer
Yeah water is important. I've been happy with the 26gal tank I have. We usually stop into camp grounds about once a week to fill up so I haven't fully emptied it yet. We do quite a bit if cooking/dish washing and have a shower so we're not really conserving water either. The downside is the amount of room it takes up.

What windshield cover is that? Looks like it fits well and stands up better than mine

Sorry man, been on the road and completely missed your question.

It is a cover craft uvs100 ordered from Amazon. Kinda spendy but has held up very well!

Last edited:
Anyone on here ever had an issue with their A/C turning over to defrost under load/acceleration?

I have read about it being a vacuum problem but all my lines seem good and can't find much more on the issue.

Anytime the A/C is on and I have to apply any throttle or if I am cruising on the interstate and let the RPMs drop down real low in OD then the air stops coming out of the vents and instead dumps out of the defrost.

I still have several weeks before this trip is over and the heat is getting tough with an on/off AC.

I'm jealous of your adventures!! Can you tell me a little bit about the Hammock stand in this pic? DIY or did you purchase it somewhere? I want one I can hook to my van rack on one side just like you but not have to hunt down a suitable tree to park next to for the other side. Thanks

Last edited:
I'm jealous of your adventures!! Can you tell me a little bit about the Hammock stand in this pic? DIY or did you purchase it somewhere. I want one I can hook to my van rack on one side just like you but not have to hunt down a suitable tree to park next to for the other side. Thanks

Thank you!

Give me a little bit and I will try to take some pics and find the link of the guy that I used as my basis.

Anyone on here ever had an issue with their A/C turning over to defrost under load/acceleration?

I have read about it being a vacuum problem but all my lines seem good and can't find much more on the issue.

Anytime the A/C is on and I have to apply any throttle or if I am cruising on the interstate and let the RPMs drop down real low in OD then the air stops coming out of the vents and instead dumps out of the defrost.

I still have several weeks before this trip is over and the heat is getting tough with an on/off AC.

My 2004 E350 is doing the same thing! The a/c is still blowing cold, but every once in a while it stops blowing out of the dash and I get some air on my feet on the windshield. Only lasts for 10 seconds or so and then goes back to normal. I've got a few long road trips coming up next month, so hoping to get this sorted out. Let me know if you find any more info on this or how you solve it, and I'll do the same. ;)

-Ken

FROADER

Adventurer
My 2004 E350 is doing the same thing! The a/c is still blowing cold, but every once in a while it stops blowing out of the dash and I get some air on my feet on the windshield. Only lasts for 10 seconds or so and then goes back to normal. I've got a few long road trips coming up next month, so hoping to get this sorted out. Let me know if you find any more info on this or how you solve it, and I'll do the same. ;)

-Ken
My '97 did it under a decent load towing uphill. I ended up finding 6 different vacuum leaks. I traced them all and replacing the hoses for about $40. I haven't been on a road trip since I fixed the leaks, but will report back when I do, which should be in about 2 weeks.

Last edited:
My issue started out pretty small and only under heavy load uphill but has turned into an almost constant issue unless off throttle going down hill.

Will let y'all know when I find something!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior