Recovery Bag Recommendations

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Overkill. I agree you should have certain items doubled. But all of that? Waste of space and needless hit on fuel economy.
That is a lot of stuff but I can empathize with having some backups to important items for extended trips. I try to minimize it though by having more than one use for an item. My backup tire compressor is likely a bicycle floor pump since we're also likely to have bikes. A backup tree saw is likely a hand chain saw or perhaps just having very low tooth count hack saw blades in the tool kit. I was going nuts trying to think through every scenario until I just embraced that as long as I have survival covered I'll McGuyver the rest.

Rezarf <><

Explorer
That is a lot of stuff but I can empathize with having some backups to important items for extended trips. I try to minimize it though by having more than one use for an item. My backup tire compressor is likely a bicycle floor pump since we're also likely to have bikes. A backup tree saw is likely a hand chain saw or perhaps just having very low tooth count hack saw blades in the tool kit. I was going nuts trying to think through every scenario until I just embraced that as long as I have survival covered I'll McGuyver the rest.

I agree Dave, en you play solo, a few key redundant items are good, too any and you are just adding dead weight. For instance I carry a bow saw with a spare blade... Not two saws, for an axe I usually carry a double bit... Again two edges but one tool. I carry one snow shovel that can handle gravel and small rocks, it is small and gets used a lot, but two shovels is overkill.

I double up on water storage containers, first aid/trauma, coms and navigation. The melon between my ears is my most important item on a trip. Knowledge is power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles