Project Fauxverlander 200 Series Land Cruiser Build Thread

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Suspension update. Still love it!

My BP-51 is one of the oldest installs to date, over 3 years old now, lots of flogging and still comfortable and compliant. I did add some trim spacers front and rear and a larger set of General X3's right before departing for the B1K. My loads have changed, I wanted taller tires and it was time to recharge the Nitrogen in the shocks. I topped off everything to 300psi, made some small rebound/compression tweaks and we hit the road south.

I've still got a great deal of things to install but it's totally workable at currently I want to finalize my electrical as I'd like a few more outlets at the rear drawers and the dual batteries are still lingering on completion. I've also got plans to do a Long Range tank shortly. Time... anyone have some spare time?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Remember that electric solenoid rear hatch all 200's come equipped with? Well without power and I couldn't open my hatch, which mean I couldn't open my tailgate, which means I couldn't open my drawers

Have you come up with a hack to open the rear hatch ?

cruiseroutfit

Behind on updates :D

Lots of little updates, mostly just been using it this past year and still cleaning the dust out from the last two Baja 1000 trips. I've had a bunch Swell, desert and Moab trips so it was time to get it in the shop and do some cleanup.

I've had what I suspected was a bad drivers side motor mount. We've dealt with them in the Canguro 200 so it really wasn't much of a surprise when this one failed. Thread on the failure on ih8mud here: Failed motor mounts - URJ200 - Anyone had it happen?

Video of the failed mount:

cruiseroutfit

Did you just do a nitrogen charge on the shocks or a full rebuild?

Just a recharge. That said I did do a full shock swap out before a Baja 1000 trip a few months back. The originals were some of the oldest (thee oldest?) and the fronts were still great, my rears were weeping oil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste