Kamper Build Aussie Style - Romers new Kimberley Karavan

Romer

Adventurer
My Karavan is in the states! It was shipped with the larger S3. Here are both our units after they got off the boat before the wrapping was removed. They do a good job making sure it doesnt get damaged

Kimberley Wrapped.jpg

BTW since they sold two in Colorado and we both had them shipped the owner of the company is flying out to Colorado on Dec 26th to walk us through our two units. The other owner bought the larger S3 which is a full sized trailer. If anyone is thinking of a Kimberley, I can set up a discussion with him while he is here in the Denver/Boulder area for a few days.

Last edited:

Tazman

Adventurer
I'm also joining the Kimberley family having ordered a S3 that is to be delivered in March. My wife and I will be attending Overland Expo in Arizona in May. We are very excited and have been busy getting ready for delivery. After Flagstaff AZ we will be exploring the Grand Canyon North and South. The soft Austrailian dollar made this purchase possible. UBS forecasts a weakening Autrailian dollar, so plan your purchases today.

We shopped for a year and a half and really feel/hope that our decision was sound. We are self relient and I realize that being an Austrailan product means that our skill set will be tested. Kimberley makes a product that is unlike anything available in the USA.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Romer

Adventurer
The S3 is really cool and had I not had a requirement it fit into my garage, I might have gone for that

My Karavan will be in Colorado tomorrow. I will be flying back from New Zealand through Australia tomorrow as well. Can't wait to pick it up

Globatrol

Observer
Well as an Aussie I would have to support you guys in buying Aussie products........ Don't think you can go far wrong with your choice of manufacturer, Kimberley do build a nice robust rig! Bit sad to hear about the forecast of the softening Aussie dollar though - I've been trying not to think about that aspect as we will be needing some US dollars for our journey across your great country over the next year or so! Also going to Overland Expo so might see you there...

cheers and enjoy your new toy.
Justin
www.globatrol.com

Romer

Adventurer
Got back from New Zealand yesterday. Great trip, but 28 hours from hotel to my front door. My Karavan beat me to Colorado by one day, so I went to pick it up last night. Played with it a bit today, didnt setup everything yet like the bunks or awning. Lost of stuff to figure out. Glad the owner of the company is coming here in a week to walk me and the new S3 owner through everything

and some setup shots
DSC00818.jpgDSC00819.jpgDSC00820.jpgDSC00821.jpgDSC00822.jpgDSC00832.jpgDSC00833.jpgDSC00831.jpgDSC00834.jpgDSC00835.jpg

Last edited:

Romer

Adventurer
And the outside Kitchen

DSC00836.jpgDSC00838.jpg

Lots of storage inside and out

DSC00824.jpgDSC00827.jpg

And I like the fact you can stock the fridge and kitchen cupboards with the top down
DSC00825.jpg

Last edited:

OCD Overland

Explorer
Really looks nice, Romer. Those are some serious burners on that outdoor kitchen - what is the third knob for - are there actually 3 burners, or is there a broiler underneath?

Does it seem like it seals up pretty well from drafts and mosquitos?

I'm curious if the US owners of the Kruisers find that the left-hand door, awning, etc. is an issue in campsites at national parks and such. The Karavan seems like it's maneuverable enough that it would't matter, but the Kruisers seem too big to try to turn them around.

Romer

Adventurer
Thanks, there is a broiler underneath.

Some picks of the outside set up

DSC00839.jpgDSC00841.jpgDSC00840.jpg

All tucked away in the garage

DSC00846.jpgDSC00847.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member