Captain Texas Anvil JKU build

Captain Texas

Adventurer
So I am currently looking into getting an adjustable track bar in the front. Any recommendations? I think i've narrowed it down to either JKS or the Steersmarts trackbar.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Sooooooo.... I ordered a SPOD. Gotta love Jeep parts.

It's one of the base units as I didn't want to go crazy with the price. It only has the 1 LED row instead of the 2 because I really couldn't justify almost 100 bucks more for lights.

Install looks like it will be easy, will be a great platform to hook up an ARB compressor, LED lights, etc. Looking forward to the install!

ratled

Adventurer
I watched this a couple of times before the install so I wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel

ratled

Captain Texas

Adventurer
I watched this a couple of times before the install so I wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel

ratled

Thanks for the video! Looks pretty simple, only thing that will be tricky is cutting the plastic to fit the mounting bracket since I don't have a Dremel. Hopefully,a pocket knife will work lol.

ratled

Adventurer
That is not really a big deal and you really don't take off that much. A boxer cutter with a new blade and a steak knife is what I used

ratled

Captain Texas

Adventurer
So I decided to go ahead and order up an ARB single air compressor. I got the Northridge 4x4 bundle which comes with an under the hood mount, air hose, digital air reader, and some other stuff I can't remember.

Figured why just have a sPOD sitting in the engine bay with nothing to hook up to, plus I told myself I was going to get one after Big Bend so it works out.

ratled

Adventurer
Nothing wrong with the single. Since youliked the last video I literally had the laptop on the engine cowling as I went
ratled

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Nothing wrong with the single. Since youliked the last video I literally had the laptop on the engine cowling as I went
ratled

Yea I really wanted the Twin but I really can't justify the price considering the little offroading I do. I love watching Trail Recons stuff and have watched this video a few times now to get familiar with the install.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Damn and I thought the JKS TB was beefy. I like the fact that the SteerSmarts is easier to adjust than the JKS TB and it's only a bit more expensive for easier adjustability and beef.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Got the compressor and sPOD in the mail today and looking to get the install done on Friday. Just need to get some Teflon tape for the compressor but everything should be smooth sailing.

Forgot to get an ARB E-Z deflator as well, damn... Well, might as well and get an ARB recovery bag while I'm at it.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
So the sPOD is in. Kinda of an interesting day to say the least. I essentially stripped the Torx bolts holding the footman loop and essentially turned them into Allen bolts.

Also.... in my great skill of hindsight, I ordered the wrong bracket from Northridge for the ARB compressor...

I ordered the bracket that mounts to the brake booster that is for 07-11 JKs with the 3.8L. Figured it out pretty quick when I had engine hoses all over the bracket where the ARB compressor is supposed to go. I've got to see about exchanging that mount out with one that works.

But yea sPOD is in and works as it should, no issues so far.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Went online to Northridge 4x4 again today... and got more Jeep parts, yay.

I went ahead and ordered the EVO MFG ARB mounting bracket for the newer engines, will probably be able to sell the other mount to someone in my Jeep Group in Austin.

Also ordered an ARB E-Z tire deflator and an ARB recovery bag to put my air hose, deflator, tow strap, etc.

Also ordered a Rock Hard 4x4 Aluminum Evap Can skid. It's only about 4 pounds and aluminum and should give plenty of protection. Reason why I went ahead and got one is because with the 90% certainty that I am doing the Ghost Divide Expedition, I don't want to have it ruined because I hit my EVAP can on a small rock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz