Captain Texas Anvil JKU build

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
Given the limited space for a CB in the JK, the 75 is certainly the way to go...I'm thinking of getting the same for my Jeep. Saw one in the store recently but didn't want to poll the trigger just yet since I have other things needing to be done first and didn't want to add it to the stack of parts already sitting in my garage.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Given the limited space for a CB in the JK, the 75 is certainly the way to go...I'm thinking of getting the same for my Jeep. Saw one in the store recently but didn't want to poll the trigger just yet since I have other things needing to be done first and didn't want to add it to the stack of parts already sitting in my garage.

agreed, the Toyota I had was defiantly more spacious on the inside. I will probably buy one soon. Unlike most builds I'm trying to get the smalls things done first as I don't have the funds for lift, bumpers, tires, etc.

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
agreed, the Toyota I had was defiantly more spacious on the inside. I will probably buy one soon. Unlike most builds I'm trying to get the smalls things done first as I don't have the funds for lift, bumpers, tires, etc.

I hear ya! I'm pretty much in the same boat...just purchased a house that I'm doing a lot of reno on and thus it's soaking up my cashflow. I've pretty much stuck with very basic and non-expensive modifications, but recently bit the bullet and bought a front bumper since it took me forever to find one I liked. Since the bumper has a place for a winch, I'm stuck getting one of those a bit sooner than I initially expected as well.

Nothing wrong with getting the little things out of the way first because the JKs are incredibly proficient as-is. I plan on keeping my stock tires until I wear them down to the point they'll be worthless for anything aside from a tire-swing...only then will I upgrade tires, and even then my lift will be modest.

jjohnson1892

Adventurer

Good looking build and plan, anvil brother!

Nothing wrong with doing little things and saving for larger items. Took me 3 months to save for my lift (once I knew which one to go with) and then 6ish months for tires. Been trying to save money where I can (i.e. not go with AEV wheels even though I love them, not getting massive lift, etc).

Some of my favorite mods are the smaller ones anyway, like my CB, RAM mount for phone/iPad/CB, and seat covers.

mccustomize

Explorer
Welcome, I'm in central TX as well. We go to hidden falls quite often but there's a wealth of parks within 4 hours from central TX.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Great looking Jeep! Also definitely like your build goals. :beer:
A lot of the organized runs require a CB, first aid kit, and fire extinguisher, so those are great inexpensive-ish mods to complete.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Just got my JW Speaker 6145 J fog lights in.

I will install them Monday or Tuesday when I get a wire harness adapter in. I don't really want to splice the electrical because if I need to run my stock fogs for what ever reason, I would want to have no spliced electrical.
T2YbSw1.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Finally got to install my JW Speaker 6145 J LED Fogs today. Needless to say the whole installation took about a hour but in my opinion it was worth the time and money. I am going to link some photos of the install process. I was able to pickup a set of adapters so that I didn't have to splice the electrical like JW Speaker wants you to. Now its truly "Plug and Play"
9ZQjvTS.jpg

M0GqIBu.jpg

Here I had to unmount the vacuum pump so that I would be able to get to the top left screw. I probably should have taken the bumper off but I wasn't in the mood to.
I9fGZvB.jpg

BZwzVfi.jpg

QYmlvJS.jpg

aBi8l31.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Texas

Adventurer
So this past week it rained here in Texas and I had left my Jeep outside overnight.

Come to find that my carpet was soaked and had to let it dry out for a couple of days.

For those with JK's, do you experience water leaks often?

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
First thing I did to my Jeep was rip out the interior and had it shot with Line-X...no need to stress about it getting wet inside. I still have my carpet if you're looking to buy some that's never been rained on. ;)

dstock

Explorer
I have had two JKU's a 2010, and now a 2013 and neither one leaked. Double check your freedom panels are tight, maybe even pull them off and put them back on in case a seal is caught or something.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
I have had two JKU's a 2010, and now a 2013 and neither one leaked. Double check your freedom panels are tight, maybe even pull them off and put them back on in case a seal is caught or something.

It's funny you say that actually, the leak comes though the door, not the roof. Also it didn't help that my dad didn't close the door all the way but I've had the leak before that

dstock

Explorer
It's funny you say that actually, the leak comes though the door, not the roof. Also it didn't help that my dad didn't close the door all the way but I've had the leak before that

Well it's under warranty, and it shouldn't do that. These vehicles are too expensive for it to be "a jeep thing". Of course, door not closed all the way will definitely cause leakage!

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Well it's under warranty, and it shouldn't do that. These vehicles are too expensive for it to be "a jeep thing". Of course, door not closed all the way will definitely cause leakage!

Yea exactly. If it was my granddads 2002 TJ (Which has an engine problem) then ya id say its "a jeep thing". Ive got some questions to ask when I take it in for service too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles