Captain Texas Anvil JKU build

Captain Texas

Adventurer
So parked next to another Jeep yesterday and noticed mine was leaning a bit. Took a look under the rear suspension and noticed that my passenger side rear coil is bowing a little bit. It's not to the point that it is contacting the trackbar however I am thinking that this is a potential reason for my lean. Anyone ever have this issue with the AEV 2.5" lift? I am seriously getting to the point where I am thinking of swaping the 2.5" for the 3.5". But its allot of money for another inch.

4gpB6PQ.jpg

denton57

First post, and I read the whole thread. I had to laugh some as it seems like there’s a lot of worrying going on! Then I think of myself and if I had posted my Jeep buildup over the past 2.5 years, it would probably have came across the same. I have a similar build. I bought a stock 2015 JKUR in Tank in April of 16. I would have chosen Anvil if I could have because I love that color. Tank is pretty cool too though.

Anyway, I have the same lift, same tires and tire size. I went with ARB front and rear bumpers. Have bought a ton of other upgrades too. I decided on ordering the Gobi roof rack and placed my order on Oct 31. I have a long time to wait, especially since my Tepui Autana 3 RTT is delivering next week. It will be sitting for a while.

Anyway, cool Jeep and cool story. I wish I would have documented all the stuff I’ve done to mine like you have! I don’t keep track of the $$ spent because I don’t want to know lol.

Finally, I am also really excited about the Gladiator and see myself in one in a couple years. I have a 12 yo son who is getting my Jeep, so at least any money spent on it now while I wait for the Gladiator is going to his ride.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
So parked next to another Jeep yesterday and noticed mine was leaning a bit. Took a look under the rear suspension and noticed that my passenger side rear coil is bowing a little bit. It's not to the point that it is contacting the trackbar however I am thinking that this is a potential reason for my lean. Anyone ever have this issue with the AEV 2.5" lift? I am seriously getting to the point where I am thinking of swaping the 2.5" for the 3.5". But its allot of money for another inch.

4gpB6PQ.jpg

I've had 4 JK's and the first 3 leaned. My current one with Mopar coils doesn't seem to lean.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Nice build, ready to get my AEV lift on. Interesting about the coil though.
Thanks! Nice are you getting the 2.5 of the 3.5?

Yea the coil honestly isn't freaking me out as much as it was when I first found it. It's not moving around in the spring bucket or anything and its not contacting my rear trackbar. However I am now starting to think about moving to a 3.5" lift.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
I've had 4 JK's and the first 3 leaned. My current one with Mopar coils doesn't seem to lean.

I could if I really wanted to add a .5" spacer to correct it but again I am starting to think about upgrading the suspension since Ive had my 2.5" lift for almost 3 years now. Would rather just do a complete overhaul then continue tweaking the current setup.

biggn235

Thanks! Nice are you getting the 2.5 of the 3.5?

Yea the coil honestly isn't freaking me out as much as it was when I first found it. It's not moving around in the spring bucket or anything and its not contacting my rear trackbar. However I am now starting to think about moving to a 3.5" lift.

2.5. My fiance bought it for me for Christmas so it's currently wrapped and under the tree. She thinks I don't know what it is, but I do. lol

I have some leftover factory coil isolators from my last JK that I'll throw in if I need just a little more lift. My Jeep is relatively light though since I'm going to still be running the plastic bumpers (for now) and have a soft top. So I'm thinking the lift should hold up well with 35s.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
2.5. My fiance bought it for me for Christmas so it's currently wrapped and under the tree. She thinks I don't know what it is, but I do. lol

I have some leftover factory coil isolators from my last JK that I'll throw in if I need just a little more lift. My Jeep is relatively light though since I'm going to still be running the plastic bumpers (for now) and have a soft top. So I'm thinking the lift should hold up well with 35s.

Haha nice! Yea if you've got a light Jeep as in stock bumpers, no tire carrier and no winch, etc, then the 2.5" should be great.

Problem is when you start adding a ton of weight (like what i've done, lol)

Captain Texas

Adventurer
So drove yesterday for about 200 miles from Fort Worth to Austin and by the time I was rolling into Austin I started hearing a weird noise in the front end. It sounded like something was loose but I couldn't figure out what it was because I had just gotten the front end worked on with the steersmarts linkage. Looked under and found this. It looks like the bolt that connects the steering dampener to the bracket on the tierod either popped out or sheared off. How this happened I have no clue but I am going to get in contact with the shop in Fort Worth and see what they say. In the meantime I am going to take off the steering stabilizer. It's not mission critical and the Jeep will drive just fine without it.

VCiFDTo.jpg

FhUYqaT.jpg

Captain Texas

Adventurer
I bet someone didn't install the bolt. Its part of the reason I don't let people work on my Jeep anymore if I'm capable of doing the install.

They did I saw the install when I picked it up at the shop but I guess they didn't torque it down or use any Loctite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles