Captain Texas Anvil JKU build

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Been a couple of months. Any new updates??

No updates on the Jeep at the moment. Im currently working on getting my commercial pilot certificate and a full time college student. So the Jeep in regards to building it is on the back burner.

I am very seriously considering selling mine and getting a Gladiator with a diesel in a few years so I don't really want to sink any more money into the build. It has done really well on the overland trips Ive taken it on, so I don't really see a need to spend more money on equipment I don't need.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
No updates on the Jeep at the moment. Im currently working on getting my commercial pilot certificate and a full time college student. So the Jeep in regards to building it is on the back burner.

I am very seriously considering selling mine and getting a Gladiator with a diesel in a few years so I don't really want to sink any more money into the build. It has done really well on the overland trips Ive taken it on, so I don't really see a need to spend more money on equipment I don't need.

I’m right there with ya. My build is at a standstill for now because I’m not sure how much longer I want to drive it and it can do everything I could want and more than I’m capable of.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
This happened about 2 weeks ago but my 2nd battery I've put in the Jeep died after 2.5 years which is a little disappointing. Got an Optima red top to replace it and starts up great now. Will be going into service this week for an oil change and to replace the serptine belt. Nothing wrong with the original, but I ordered 2 by accident so might as well throw a new one on after 73,000+ miles.

Also going to be getting the tires rotated and balanced in the next week.

Currently considering getting an AEV roof rack (for the 4th time). I need to reach out to some competent shops for an estimate. Also need to really ask the question of am I going to keep this Jeep for at least 3 or 4 more years. If that is a yes I don't have an issue continually upgrading it. However if its a no and I end up getting a Gladiator, the build is as good as done.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
I replaced my battery with an Odyssey after mine crapped the bed after 11K miles. I ultimately had to get the TIPM replaced a few months later. I wonder if they are related. I recently went shopping for new Jeeps or 4 Runners. The 4R was so boring and felt old. The JL is too techy for me. I’m not a truck guy. At this point what they are offering me for a gently used Recon is not worth me switching out. I’ve got at least 18 months of warranty so i think i will keep mine for at least that long. Enjoy Moab And see what happens with the Diesel JL and see if the Bronco is worth it. On with the mods I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles