Captain Texas Anvil JKU build

Captain Texas

Adventurer
So looks like my sway bar end link on the passenger side is shot. I didn't disconnect them and what probably happened was the forces caused the bolt to essentially shear off. Ordered up JKS Quicker Disconnects, should be here by end of next week.

AZ4X4DUDE

Dirt road please!
Looking forward to see your upgrade with the JKS quick disco's. I've been thinking about getting them for my JKU as well.
should be a great addition to your Jeep!

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Looking forward to see your upgrade with the JKS quick disco's. I've been thinking about getting them for my JKU as well.
should be a great addition to your Jeep!

I'm really looking forward to getting them on. I just wish that buying them was more of a want and not a need since the stock end links are shot. Now with the possibility of being disconnected on the trail, I really need to look at doing the inner c's and maybe a sleeve kit done on the Dana 30.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
So I am starting to think and getting a comms system installed in the Jeep. I am leaning toward a CB but I am interested in getting a HAM license and running a HAM radio. I know that there are clear advantages to a HAM over the CB but the hurdle is to study and get licensed. For those who are licensed , any tips for studying, taking the exam, anything along those lines would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Captain Texas

Adventurer
JKS Quicker Disconnects installed! Considering that I had to install these in my university parking garage with no impact gun, just wrenches and a torque wrench, I think it went pretty well. Took a look at the old link that was shot and it turns out the boot somehow got unseated from the bolt, allowing the bolt to move around and not hold down torque.

Drove 20 miles to try out the links and they feel great on the road. And disconnecting them is a breeze!

blmqypK.jpg

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Small stuff today, swapped out the taillight bulbs. Rear right was starting to give out.

Also took a look at the Teraflex Axis sun visor, damn thats nice. Any opinions over here?

iwishicouldread

So I am starting to think and getting a comms system installed in the Jeep. I am leaning toward a CB but I am interested in getting a HAM license and running a HAM radio. I know that there are clear advantages to a HAM over the CB but the hurdle is to study and get licensed. For those who are licensed , any tips for studying, taking the exam, anything along those lines would be greatly appreciated!
The technician test is fairly easy; just basic electronics and rules and regulations surrounding ham radio. I recommend going through practice tests online. www.eham.net has some good ones. They use the released question pools along with qrz.com.

Taking the time to study and get licensed is worth it. I run both a 2m/70cm ham radio and a CB in my Jeep and the cb is now relegated to to talking with people who don't use ham and listening to the occasional trucker on highway trips.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Had an unplanned trip to the Northwest OHV park outside of Bridgeport. Was in the area doing some photography work and turns out Bridgeport isn't the most interesting place for photography. :(

Thought I would try out the OHV park since I was there. Didn't do anything crazy, just enjoyed being in nature. Didn't try out the JKS Quick disconnects because they tightened to the point I would need to bust out a wrench to loosen the adjustment nut. I wasn't in the mood do bring out the tool roll.

Currently studying for the HAM test, hopefully I can get licensed before the end of the year.

Photos:
6D2Hmm6.jpg

UPXJe5N.jpg

Wn1gWHR.jpg

IL6ZHaN.jpg

yMtTPNk.jpg

fi33sZp.jpg

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Just ordered up one of the new Blue Ridge Overland Gear JKU attic systems. Looks like a really interesting setup for the unused space above the passenger seats.

GhostRHR

Just ordered up one of the new Blue Ridge Overland Gear JKU attic systems. Looks like a really interesting setup for the unused space above the passenger seats.

Have this in my jeep and love it! its amazing how much space is up there great for storing raingear and other "soft gear". One thing don't attempt to over tighten the straps as I did you will break the clips! just nice and snug is all it needs.

rubicon91

Explorer
A buddy of mine got it at expo east and installed it and it looked awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Yea i've been eyeing it ever since they came out with the video on Youtube for the design of it. Really looking forward to getting it.

mjmck

Observer
Great pictures.
Excellent progress on your Jeep. Very tasteful without going overboard for a DD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles