Captain Texas Anvil JKU build

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Got a few things squared away finally. Have been sick for the last week so haven't gotten these things taken care of.

First of all ordered up a 67 Designs Vector Upgrade for a phone mount. Really like the fact that it is fully adjustable and that I can mount it pretty much anywhere.
xxEtazX.jpg

Also got my large ARB recovery bag in and got all my kit in there. Fits my tow strap, E-Z tire deflator, air hose, d-shackles, etc. and it's awesome quality.
D3qiC0J.jpg

So I tried to get my ARB Compressor installed and ran into yet another snag. The EVO mount works perfectly, however, the problem I have is that the two bolts that mount the compressor to the mount are too long and are hitting the brake booster. I have got to see about sourcing new shorter bolts or getting the bolts cut down.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
I just cut mine with hack saw and slipped the mount and the compressor in as a unit

ratled

Since im in college I don't have any access to a saw to cut the bolts until I get back home for Spring Break but even then the Jeep is planned to head to the shop for a snorkel and steering component upgrades.

I'm planing on a early morning trip to lowes to try and find a shorter bolt. Hopefully will have this project done soon-ish.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Wrapped up the install of the ARB Compressor. Finally!

Was a bit nervous with all the wiring and just getting a reference from the Trail Recon video. Came out great and works great!

9YYMM1I.jpg

Also got around to installing the Rock Hard 4x4 EVAP skid. Got a pair of Tin Snips from Lowes are cut the stock one easy.

iazKYTQ.jpg

VqIqgvF.jpg

I might pick up a set of KC HiLities Gravity driving lights, they've got a killer discount for Presidents Day and those driving lights kick out a ton of light. Also their street legal!

Captain Texas

Adventurer
So I slept it over (as you should do with most decisions in life) and I don't think I'm going to pull the trigger on the KC lights.

My problem with them is that they are smaller than the 7" headlights (Can be a good or bad thing depending on the opinion of airflow to radiator) and because I just don't know how much additional light they will put out against my Trucklite LEDs. The 15% sale they've got on right now for presidents day is tempting but I've heard they give out better discounts for other events.

Ideally, I want a set of the new IPF LED spot and floodlights that came out a little while ago. They seem really hard to find and OK4WD seems to be the only ones carrying them... and they are pricey.

ratled

Adventurer
Northridge 4 x4 has a lot of their products at 15% off with the Expo discount so don't feel like you are missing something just because it's on sale. Besides, you might find what you want qualifies.

I never understand why so many Jeep folks put a winch and huge lights in front of the grill and then complain about how Jeeps are over heating.

ratled

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Northridge 4 x4 has a lot of their products at 15% off with the Expo discount so don't feel like you are missing something just because it's on sale. Besides, you might find what you want qualifies.

I never understand why so many Jeep folks put a winch and huge lights in front of the grill and then complain about how Jeeps are over heating.

ratled

So I just went to Northridge's site and used the Expo discount, knocked the price from 400 bucks to 339. Damn.

I know what you mean on that, airflow to the radiator is something most people overlook. Keep your engine cool and you won't have problems.

I don't know now that you mentioned the discount code these may be back in contention. Maybe I'll go with a Spot/Flood combo instead of a driving light.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
So I haven't ordered the KC lights and to be honest I am kinda glad.

Over on the AEV forum someone just posted a hardly used AEV Snorkel for a killer deal and working with the guy to get it shipped. Sweet! Cheaper than the lights and honestly I think more useful for the most part. Sure lights are important but the Trucklite LEDs I've got in now are kickass and I don't really intend to do any major wheeling at night. (I think)

Captain Texas

Adventurer
So decided to get the rear tires replaced.

Luckily the front two tires the guy said are in great condition so only had to replace the 2 tires that were cupped.

Everything looks good. Except the fact that they put 40PSI in all the tires and it felt like an old west wagon on the road. Had to pull over and deflate the tires. Got to use my E-Z deflator today, what a cool piece of kit. Aired down to 28PSI all around.

Although I still a feeling a bit of under seat vibration like when tires are not balanced. I am going to drive again when it is dry and get it up on the toll road to see if it's just the ********* streets I drive on or if they are really out of balance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94