Captain Texas Anvil JKU build

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Howdy!

I'm driving a 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU Sahara in Anvil and I seriously love this Jeep. Purchased it used in 2015 with 23,000 miles and completely stock. The vehicle I had before was a 4th gen Toyota 4Runner. While a great vehicle, the 4Runner was only 2WD and I did not see the value in continuing the build if I could not get to places I really wanted to go. I had always wanted a Jeep for the longest time and when I saw this JKU at my local Lexus dealership, I knew I had to have it. After 4 solid years, 45,000-ish miles, totaling an F-150 with it, and many trips, I still love this Jeep.

Mods:

Lighting/Electrical:
-Truckilte 7" LED headlights
-JW Speaker 6145J fog lights
-Interior LED lights
-sPOD (6 rockers, single LED)
-ARB Compressor (Single) w/ EVO MFG mount
-KC Hilities Gravity Pro6 Driving Lights (Bumper mounted)
-KC Hilities Under hood dual Cyclone kit
-KC Hilities Rock Light kit (6 Cyclone kit)
-KC Hilities C3 Flood pattern LED cubes (On their windshield mounts for ditch lights)
-IPF Rear Backup Light

Suspension/Tires/Brakes:
-Dynatrac Pro-grip brakes
-AEV 2.5" lift
-Bilstein 5100 AEV Shocks
-AEV Geometry correction brackets
-Rugged Ridge 1.5" Wheel Spacers
-315/70/R17 BFG AT KO2
-Rubicon take offs
-JKS Quicker Disconnects
-Ultimate Dana 44 front axle
-4.56 gears
-Terraflex Steering Stabilizer with Adapter bracket
-Front E-Locker
-Steer Smarts YETI XD Adjustable Front Trackbar
-Steer Smarts Yeti HD Tie Rod and Draglink

Armor/Exterior:
-AEV Premium Front Bumper
-AEV Front skid plate
-AEV Rear Bumper
-AEV Tire Carrier
-Rock Hard 4x4 bolt-on sliders
-Rock Hard 4x4 Aluminum EVAP skid
-AEV Snorkel with Pre-Filter
-CMM Billet Aluminum hood footman loop
-Terraflex Rotopax mount for Hi-lift
-Dana Spicer 44 Diff cover (Front and Rear)

Interior:
-Black Bartact seat covers
-Mopar door sills
-BROG JKU attic
-Grabbars
-Mopar Slush mats
-Metal Cloak center seat support
-Frontrunner interior rack
-JK Pockets (Black texture)
-Rear side subwoofer delete
-BROG headrest IFAK kit
-AJT Designs HVAC knobs (Anvil)
-Outback-Texas Rear Seat Delete cargo deck

Misc:
-Diff-breathers for front and rear axles
-AEV Pro-cal
-Adventure Tool Company shop roll
-Stubby antenna
-Sahara decal delete
-AEV bumper water tank storage
-Trasharoo (Tan)
-Brandmotion rearview camera
-Trailgater drop down table
-AEV 10.2 gallon Fuel Caddy
-ARB Recovery Bag
-ARB E-Z Deflator
-67 Designs Vector Mount
-K&N drop-in oiled engine air filter
-AJT Anvil Key Fob

I have owned it since September of 2015 and plan to drive it till it dies... which might be a while. :)

Current:
go4AtLz.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Texas

Adventurer
I got some hood decals in from Pixeldecal.com today and love the quality. Had to wait 4 weeks but it was worth the wait.

Got them in black and reflective.
hPItj0u.jpg

Last edited:

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
Looks good! I was initially going to advise against the snorkel, but as much rain as you all have been getting in TX, you might actually need it. Hahaha!

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Nice to see another Jeeper make the cross over. Wrangler Forum is nice for tech and specifics but the biased vibe over gets fairly annoying when it comes to recommendations for builds. Love the color and look forward to seeing your progress.

Also, do I spy you playing at Hidden Falls in some of those pics?

Dr.TardCakes

I am just coming from that forum as well! I am not into the whole muddin' thing like they are. I like the idea of an expo jeep better!

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Thank you! I am thinking of the AEV snorkel with the pre-filter. I go to my ranch a lot and its REALLY dusty over there. But yea I bet it wouldn't hurt with the instant rain we get down here. LOL

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Nice to see another Jeeper make the cross over. Wrangler Forum is nice for tech and specifics but the biased vibe over gets fairly annoying when it comes to recommendations for builds. Love the color and look forward to seeing your progress.

Also, do I spy you playing at Hidden Falls in some of those pics?

Yea im kinda sick of the mentality over there. One thing that really irks me is that they will sell off brand new Rubicon wheels and get some gheto looking 20's. EWW.

Yes this was at Hidden Falls about 3 weeks ago. :) I'm thinking of going over there Saturday with my Dad but its going to rain again.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
I am just coming from that forum as well! I am not into the whole muddin' thing like they are. I like the idea of an expo jeep better!

I went mudding in my grandpas 2002 TJ one time and I almost killed the engine. It was a water hole and I didn't know the depth and coming from a 2WD Toyota I was like "Its a lifted Jeep with mud tires, this isn't a problem." Well I went in and water was about at the door opening. (The TJ is lifted 3" with 33" MTRs). That experience really scared me thats why I'm not the biggest fan of mud.

Yea man I love expo Jeeps! They look so much better!

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Yes this was at Hidden Falls about 3 weeks ago. :) I'm thinking of going over there Saturday with my Dad but its going to rain again.

If I was back in Texas right now I would have joined you. Love that place. Me and a bud are planning on heading there this winter and I can let you know in case you you would like to join

Captain Texas

Adventurer
If I was back in Texas right now I would have joined you. Love that place. Me and a bud are planning on heading there this winter and I can let you know in case you you would like to join

Yea man id love that! I should have some more stuff done to it hopefully by then like CB, possibly a lift.

jpat30

Adventurer
Welcome to the portal. Always nice to see a fellow texan on here. Nice rig; I love that anvil color. I was out at HF earlier this month too. Great place- I intend to go back soon. Look forward to seeing your progress. Once again, welcome!

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Thanks guys!

So I am wanting to run a CB like I had when I was in my 4Runner but I really don't know about full sized units.

Does anyone run Cobra 75s? I like the handheld compact size. Are they any good?

jpat30

Adventurer
I have the Cobra 75 and love it. I mounted the control box up under the dash near the steering column and the mic hangs on the dash next to the ignition in easy reach from the drivers seat. I have a 3 ft firestick mounted in the rear right above the drivers side tail light. Its a nice set up and I have no problems with it.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
I have the Cobra 75 and love it. I mounted the control box up under the dash near the steering column and the mic hangs on the dash next to the ignition in easy reach from the drivers seat. I have a 3 ft firestick mounted in the rear right above the drivers side tail light. Its a nice set up and I have no problems with it.

Awesome thanks man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles