The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon versus the Land Rover Defender

Zeep

Adventurer
I'm confident that we're going to see a larger Wrangler alongside what we have now. We know that they are adding an additional production line, and we also know that the new line will be tooled for Ram pickups for the initial year. It makes a lot of sense that when they move the pickup production after that first year that they maintain most of the tooling and build a line of larger Wrangler branded pickups and SUVs on the Ram chassis.

A full size Jeep pick-up! I doubt that very much.

OCD Overland

Explorer
Small or mid-sized. Why would you doubt that? They've made them before, have shown concepts and have said that they're considering it. The AEV Brute certainly gets enough press, and it has a 140" wheelbase.

Last edited:

Jurfie

Adventurer
A new Jeep Gladiator based on a RAM chassis with the ecoDiesel would be in my driveway the moment it hits the showroom floor.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
And Wrangler ownership is not?
Pish-tosh, sir.
We Wrangler owners are completely logical in all of our vehicular endeavors and regard our Jeeps as mere appliances..... (not able to complete sentence with a straight face)

;)

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Thanks for sharing this Omar, it's been on my mind for a couple years. I did a comparison a while back on paper of the three closely related overland platforms. I tried to get an equal comparison, but I never found specs for all three in the same market The pricing for all three was converted to Australian currency from the respective markets at the exchange rate at the time. It is 2013 data, but I'm sure much of it is still relevant as the three platforms have not evolved much.
Scan_Pic0003_zpsb5a977b1.jpg

This one is much closer, as they are all Aus spec cars.
Scan_Pic0004_zps8fe6c9d1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz