WeldTec Designs 4" suspension upgrade "Ocotillo Cruiser"

Had my Weldtec 4" kit installed 2 week ago. Wanted to wait awhile before posting on the ride. Which has improved. My van sat almost perfectly level and I was already running 265/75 r16's before the lift with no rubbing. With the kit I gained an actual 4" in the front (we'll see how it settles in the coming weeks) and in the back I had my leafs re arched and had an add a leaf put in. So far so good. The size is just right and when these 265 Good Year dura tracs are finished I'll go one size up.

Pics or didn't happen!

H2Ohammer

Here are a few shots.

Attachments

• IMG_2505.jpg
    IMG_2505.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2503.jpg
    IMG_2503.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_2506.jpg
    IMG_2506.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 166

Jsweezy

Explorer
Bajasportsmobile - are the fox shots that your getting to weldtec for his kits the same ones you sell in your RIP kit?

Thanks!

Petrolburner

Explorer
Bajasportsmobile - are the fox shots that your getting to weldtec for his kits the same ones you sell in your RIP kit?

Thanks!

Yes, they have one set of custom valving for the Ford vans. They are not RB vs EB specific. I have them on my van and I'm really impressed with their ability to resist overheating and foaming after extended high speed running in the dirt. They still had great rebound control after miles of pounding down the dirt roads in Baja. I didn't feel them with my hand to check how warm they were when I stopped. I'll have to remember to do that when I go back to Baja in February. I really owe a thorough write up to this forum on the 4" kit. The short answer is that it rocks and transformed the van from unacceptable to pretty dang capable.

Petrolburner

Explorer
Also, from what I understand we're lucky to even have the Agile Offroad valved Fox Shox at all, they're in really high demand and if you wanted to get custom valved stuff you'd be waiting a long long time, over a year I think. Also probably worth mentioning, I'd like to have a little more high speed rebound control on the rear shocks. Also, I got the roost shields for the rear shocks and I wish I'd done that right away when they were new. They take a beating from stones coming off the front tires.

1794638_10101088686845343_1608803395038676362_n.jpg

10382972_10101088686870293_3542628571116236651_n.jpg

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
It depends on the application and spring configurations. We have several different lengths and valving specs as well as custom tuning of these already custom shocks.

We now have quite a few FOX part numbers of our own, with our specs, that FOX is building just for us, that we will begin taking delivery of soon.

We have some Sprinter FOX Shocks we have worked up and more applications coming.

Thanks!

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
1/20/2016 and it's $14.34.

12/04/16 closed at $19.38.

I didn't catch the top... but I am a buyer again at these prices.

All boats rise and fall with the tide - have you noticed what the whole market is doing.

I was a broker with a major NYSE firm back in 1987 when the market lost 22.61% in one day - this is nothing!

RickM

Observer
Ok. So I have some questions as it relates to this lift kit. I currently am running an Action Van leveling kit, with 265 70 17's on my van. I am not sure what the Action Van leveling kit included, other than to know it was two springs, and 4 Bilstiens. I know it did not include i-beams, and as a result my van is on the outside of the allowable range in camber, and every tech has been worried about uneven tire wear. I was going for lower as I do tow some, and wanted stay somewhat reasonable for that.

So here are my questions.
1. How much does the lift actually raise up the front end?
2. What is the max tire size you can run with this kit? (edit) I just saw that the first post references a 265 tire. Anyone running a slightly larger tire?

I talked to the WeldTec guys about what might be needed to upgrade rather than a complete re-due so I am trying to decide how much I want to address this.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:

REDOVAL

Adventurer
Ok. So I have some questions as it relates to this lift kit. I currently am running an Action Van leveling kit, with 265 70 17's on my van. I am not sure what the Action Van leveling kit included, other than to know it was two springs, and 4 Bilstiens. I know it did not include i-beams, and as a result my van is on the outside of the allowable range in camber, and every tech has been worried about uneven tire wear. I was going for lower as I do tow some, and wanted stay somewhat reasonable for that.

So here are my questions.
1. How much does the lift actually raise up the front end?
2. What is the max tire size you can run with this kit?

I talked to the WeldTec guys about what might be needed to upgrade rather than a complete re-due so I am trying to decide how much I want to address this.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Have you tried the Moog K80109 adjustable camber cams? If the Action Van leveling kit truly leveled your van, it can easily be aligned with these cams since they have a 4º capable sweep. I ran them on a previous leveling kit and currently running them on my 6" Weldtec lift. While they aren't generally used for performance offroad kits since they can be hit out of adjustment, I have beat my van to death and it still tracks perfectly true. I am running a 265/70R17 tire on mine and wouldn't want to go larger as the increased radius would cut into the available suspension travel. For what I do, I need all the travel and shocks capabilities possible. I am not certain about the 4" Weldtec kit, but the 6" kit yielded about 5" of total suspension lift for my V10 350 version.

Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz