WeldTec Designs 4" suspension upgrade "Ocotillo Cruiser"

Grngiant

Adventurer
The Ocotillo kit gave me a boost of about 3 1/2" in the front. I started with a lightly loaded 20,000 mile E250 4.6.

Grngiant

Adventurer
265's are about the max size without making some changes. If you go to WTD radius arms you can mount them further fowards on the frame, giving you more room in the rear of the fender opening. Combine this with a easy trim to the front bumper and you should clear 33's.

Jsweezy

Explorer
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you with an RB thats not heavily loaded down could give me a measurement from the ground to the floor of the van at the rear and side doors?

I am just trying to get clarification and an idea of how high the van would be when getting in and out and loading things up.
Thanks!

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
I went out in the driveway and measured three E250 vans for you:

This measurement was from the step on the passenger side door to the floor.

1: Stock E250 with 245/75R16 tires (tire height 29.5") was 21.25".

2: E250 with 3.5" front lift, no rear lift with 245/75R16 tires (tire height 29.5") was 23.25". (This van sits very low in the rear and will be getting a 3" lift in the rear before it is done.)

3: E350 with 3.5" front lift, 3" rear lift with 285/75R16 tires (tire height 31.75") was 26".

Subtract the radius of each tire (van sitting on the axle center line) and you get the following:

1: 0" lift at the door step (it is stock).

2: 2" lift at the door step, with just a front lift.

3: 3.625" lift at the door step with front and rear lift.

You can see that tire size makes a big difference until you normalize everything. So does the "personality" of each van.

You can extrapolate from here.

I hope this helps.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Ford van lift kit 4"

We wanted to post one of our latest builds.
this build consisted of our
Octillo Cruiser kit
Fox shocks by Agile Off Road
Full length add a leaf and custom overload spring.
Before.... sorry a little blurry.

After:

Nice build! My brother is petrolburner and I got to ride around on your suspension in his van last February in Baja. I was super impressed by just how fast we could go through the woops with two big motos in the back. Impressive.

RickM

Observer
This is a long overdue post. I replaced a leveling kit with this 4" kit. I did order the fox front shocks but stuck with the bilsteens in the rear. My only regret is that I should have ordered the fox's for the rear. Super impressed with this kit. I will get pics p ASAP. My only challenge has been something popping on my tie rods in reverse occasionally. I rebuilt my tie rods with moogs and it is a little better. Anyway like I said I will get pics up. FYI. My rear leafs are stock but I'm running a load helper spring that did raise the rear of my van an inch.

mine is currently down there getting the complete 4" system, plus fox steering dampener.

i can't wait to drive it. I'm pretty sure its on its wheels now, but i think jeremy is holding out on the "finished pics" til i pick it up saturday.

814D4AF2-6FE4-4FC2-B0AB-BE3B9FC9E786_zpsj2pqmjku.jpg

9F8A6CD1-CC5E-4E17-A702-9F66DBFEBE51_zpsrhuyawz7.jpg

B3BB9B7B-9E3D-4A3F-8535-0738BB1B8A3C_zpsciot5fgo.jpg

25BAA6DE-0264-4293-B6D8-E0C18E4D7927_zpstnpsegps.jpg

its ready for pickup.

thanks for the good work jeremy.

this one got
-4" front suspension kit
-fox shocks at all 4 corners
-full length add a leaf
-fox steering dampener kit.

its currently on 265/70-16 toyo open country h/t's