WeldTec Designs 4" suspension upgrade "Ocotillo Cruiser"

Badback12

Another Happy Customer!

Thought this thread could use a bump and another picture or two. New tires are going on this weekend. I haven't decided on a size yet. I'm torn between 235/85/16 or 265/75/16.

Attachments

• IMG_1527.jpg
    IMG_1527.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1528.jpg
    IMG_1528.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 137
Thought this thread could use a bump and another picture or two. New tires are going on this weekend. I haven't decided on a size yet. I'm torn between 235/85/16 or 265/75/16.

if you're keeping the stock wheels, id go 235/85-16 or 255/85-16

i have 265/70-16 on my (sold it but waiting for guy to finish paying) van, and its ok, but i also have 8" wide wheels, and if i had the wheels you have i wouldn't change them and id be going 255/85-16

cbadbox

4" Weldtec Tire Choices

My Traverse van has the Weldtec 4" Ocotillo Cruiser package with two Add-A-Leaf and the Negative Overload Spring in the rear. I really like the one-stop shopping Weldtec was able to provide. Very pleased with the ride and my experience at Weldtec.

Wheels are Walker Evans 501 Legend, 16X8, +01 offset with 4.54 backside setting. I went with 265/75R16 load range E Cooper Discoverer A/T3 tires. I'll include a couple of before and after pics. Originally I was sure I would remove the fiberglass flares and skirting. I have decided to live with them for a while. I do need to trim the lower front corner of the Plastic on the front bumper.

Attachments

• IMG_3333.jpg
    IMG_3333.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3367.jpg
    IMG_3367.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 648
  • IMG_3368.jpg
    IMG_3368.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3370.jpg
    IMG_3370.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3241.jpg
    IMG_3241.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 102

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
Beautiful van!:bigbossHL:

attachment.php

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
My Traverse van has the Weldtec 4" Ocotillo Cruiser package with two Add-A-Leaf and the Negative Overload Spring in the rear. I really like the one-stop shopping Weldtec was able to provide. Very pleased with the ride and my experience at Weldtec.

Thanks Mario for posting pics! looks great with the wheels and tires!

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
WOW! I'm really slacking on this thread........
I will try to keep these updated a little better with recent build pics. How about this one for the time being. Mario brought us in this super clean Ford Traverse
Before:

After:

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Looking back on this thread we all should have listened to Ramsey and bought stock in FOX (FOXF) it is at $51.00 . A smart man that is missed although his knowledge carries on.
12/04/16 closed at $19.38.

I didn't catch the top... but I am a buyer again at these prices.

All boats rise and fall with the tide - have you noticed what the whole market is doing.

I was a broker with a major NYSE firm back in 1987 when the market lost 22.61% in one day - this is nothing!

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Here is a little update on the Ford E-Series 4" Octillo Cruiser lift kit. We finally made a install video to help you get familiar with the kit and what it takes to install.

We are trying to make videos to cover installs on all of our kits so PLEASE subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel.

Thanks for your support.

Smoker

Observer
Looks like a great option. I was considering this as an alternative to 4x4 conversion so contacted Jeremy. He called and was super helpful. I'm still undecided, but have more info to make a decision. I'd love to hear how others who have gone with the Ocotillo kit like it. Thanks

FROADER

Adventurer
Looks like a great option. I was considering this as an alternative to 4x4 conversion so contacted Jeremy. He called and was super helpful. I'm still undecided, but have more info to make a decision. I'd love to hear how others who have gone with the Ocotillo kit like it. Thanks
If you're not going 4x4, this or the 6" Baja Grocery Getter kits are the way to go. I went with the 4" because I'm 5'6" and load mine and my son's dirt bikes in the back. I was able to fit 285/75s on the stock alcoa wheels with very minimal rubbing after trimming the gray plastic valance on the front bumper. I opted for the extended radius arms, for more travel and also I was able to mount them a little bit forward (about 1/2") to push the front axle up to fit the bigger tires. It rides better than stock, looks good and lets me get to the remote camping spots.

My thread -> Click Here. My install starts around post 41 if you want to skip a lot of bs...

Smoker

Observer
Thanks. I like your build. I just tore out my interior and was thinking of doing something similar as yours with storage boxes on the side to keep the center open.

killacks

New member here searching through this older thread.

This is my van. Nearly two years into the lift. No regrets whatsoever. I’d still like to sort out the rear end. That‘ll happen when my bank account agrees.

There’s really no rake to it, maybe just a touch. Somehow the photo really adds that effect. It had 2” blocks prior to the WTD lift up front. We kept them and added the Fox 2.0s.

Really a great experience through and through, pre install and post. Absolutely love this thing. Cheers
Octillo cruiser hitting the streets of SD

We finished this van recently. With this van we did the Octillo Cruiser kit, which is our 4"lift kit for the Ford E series van. This van originally had 2" spacers in the front along with some not so great shocks. The owner was super stoked with the new front suspension and i am sure he will be back to do the rear.

Definitely tippin Cali style. If all he did was the front the rear is probably down 2+ inches from level.

Low594

I decided to pull the trigger and use this kit to get my 2002 E450 shortbus leveled out, I cant wait! Alisa & Jeremy were both very knowledgable and friendly, they really enjoyed answering some of my questions and filling in things I hadnt considered with my crazy project.
47371601912_175853d3f3_z.jpg
47371601902_a311eb5637_z.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke