Post build ..uh.. build thread.

ericvs

very rad build. this is kinda similar to what u am thinking for v2.0 of my build, but would have cabover for the bed.

Thank you! yes, a cabover would be nice, but I am sort of glad I didn't go this route as it made stealth camping easier as I could sleep in the back very comfortably with the top down, but having the extra space in the back without the bed there would be nice.

You were very inspirating with your build cheers

Thank you! Looks like your build is looking great as well. keep up the good work!

ericvs

Thank you. Lifestyle changes forces the sale of this excellent rig. I am actually going to be doing van life as the next adventure.

SixLug

Explorer
Can I ask how much the camper build cost? Just the beginning, before any custom additions or anything. The day you picked it up...

Incredible by the way. I have an 06 megacab that I'd like to build out and this is quite the inspiration.

ericvs

Can I ask how much the camper build cost? Just the beginning, before any custom additions or anything. The day you picked it up...

Incredible by the way. I have an 06 megacab that I'd like to build out and this is quite the inspiration.
I think your best bet would be to contact VMI for a quote on how much it would be for your rig.
Another idea is to just buy mine, then it is all done ;)

ericvs

Rig has been sold! Will be starting its new life in Leavenworth, Wa. This is cool cause I still will get to see it from time to time. Good stuff.

Now where did I put my van keys?

Last edited:

ericvs

So what's next?

Moved into something much more plush, but less capable.

ericvs

Cool van, but nooooooo!!! Hahaha I'll follow along with that one too, keep posting your adventures!
hahaha! Indeed, it was a very tough decision, it is much different in the van. Had to happen tho, pls don't judge me too much :)

The new owners already have a couple trips planned this summer, maybe they will start a new adventure thread so we can continue to enjoy it.

I’ve been dreaming up this utility camper stealth flatbed high capacity storage camping work vehicle.. drew it up on sketch Up. And then I see this thing! concept is exactly what I wanted. Well done. enjoy the van

ericvs

I’ve been dreaming up this utility camper stealth flatbed high capacity storage camping work vehicle.. drew it up on sketch Up. And then I see this thing! concept is exactly what I wanted. Well done. enjoy the van
Awesome! Glad you found this thread. I really liked it and the design and got a ton of use out of it, but a couple of things changed in my life and I had to part ways with it. It was a very tough decision, but I think the new owners are getting just as much, if not more use out of it. One of the questions that I got a lot was what would I change if I built another one and I had a tough time answering it very well. I think it ended up turning out really great and I didn't think it needed any major re-designs. Good luck with your build!

Pretty sure I passed this on the highway a couple weeks ago!

Nice! Yeah, it lives near Leavenworth now, so will probably be blasting down 90 pretty frequently. haha. I hope to see it one day on the freeway as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles