Moog CC880S coils

bonecraft

I just installed these on my 7.3 Quigley. raised it about an inch. sofened the bumps a good bit. my tire no longer rubs on tight turns. well worth the money.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Long term reviews?

I'm looking at about $250 a pair and want to know if I'll end up being lower. My current springs are 12.5" loaded and front end weighs about 2800 lbs. I don't want to spend $250 and end up sagging in the front.

Gtdad

Adventurer
Ive only got a 5.4 but the cc880s seem to be great , very happy with the outcome. Been two years now...No sag for sure...I bought mine on amazon.ca , seriously I did....

Raul

Adventurer
Long term reviews?

I'm looking at about $250 a pair and want to know if I'll end up being lower. My current springs are 12.5" loaded and front end weighs about 2800 lbs. I don't want to spend $250 and end up sagging in the front.

What? Is that price installed or just the springs?

They are $96 at Amazon. I have them on my 2000 E150 5.4 with Bilsteins and I love them.

https://www.amazon.com/Moog-CC880S-Coil-Spring-Set/dp/B000C57UOC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496871594&sr=8-1&keywords=cc880s

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
What? Is that price installed or just the springs?

They are $96 at Amazon. I have them on my 2000 E150 5.4 with Bilsteins and I love them.

https://www.amazon.com/Moog-CC880S-Coil-Spring-Set/dp/B000C57UOC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496871594&sr=8-1&keywords=cc880s

Just the springs sitting in a box.

I have found a better price locally, but following that link, plus shipping, plus 30% exchange = $250 cdn... likely plus brokerage fees, duty, & other random fees. For $100 usd I'd not hesitate... $200 usd is a lot to flush if the experiment yields a lower ride height.

Have you driven over scales? Weight front/rear? Loaded height?

Raul

Adventurer
I hace not weighted the van. I can mesure the total height of the spring as installed when I get home. This may give you a good baseline. If you go too high you will have problems with camber. On a heavy rig I'll not go with anything softer than those. I used the cc860s, taller and softer, and IT felt lime a pogo stick.

On my Rig Runner post I've posted some values for different springs.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
From what I've been finding, the pair of cc880s are rated at 6010 lbs vs cc880 that are rated at 3690 lbs per pair.

From what I understand cc880 are stock replacement. cc880s are the super duty and should handle the load a bit better than the stock springs. I think I'll have to order a set and see If they'll ride higher than the 12.5" of the current springs.

Raul

Adventurer
On my 2000 E150 after a couple of years holding the 5.4 they stand 14"

Edit: I checked and on my old E150 I had the CC880.

Last edited:

Gtdad

Adventurer
Oh ya also I measured bump stop clearance after I put them on it was 2 ⅝ 's not bad considering that it was only 300 dollars woth springs and camber bushings. Considering a 4 inch lift would 1000's $ in canada I am happy:) I noticed also that moog quotes cc880s as replacement for all e350's with 7.3 or V10.
On my 5.4 they are a little stiff , It would be interesting to see how the cc880 would be on my van , if I would lose some lift or just a softer ride. However not worth the $$ to play around..

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
If you were here on the rock, I could buy the 880 and trade them for you for the 880s. I wish we could pay the same prices as in the USA.

cc880 are the regular load for the e350 with a 7.3
cc880s are the super load for the e350 with a 7.3 (for heavier commercial vehicles)

Given than the front I beam setup is rated for 4500 lbs (correct me if my sources were wrong)... 6010 wort of springs should handle the load better than stock.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Set of cc880s in. 13.5" with a 2700 lb front end. They'll likely settle a tad, but should remain higher than the ones they replaced.

Haven't driven far, but initial impression is at they're better. Maybe my bumpstops won't remain polished... Time will tell.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
IMG_6296.jpg

1.5" rake over 12' vs 4" over 12'

RIMG0040.jpg

The Driveway slopes so the angle is a bit deceptive... it'd be about 2.25" over the 21' length. Once loaded It'll likely be less than 2". I'm super happy with the ride height and quality. It no longer bottoms out over bumps... :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles