Marutuk's Gen III Build

TheMole

Adventurer
Got my window visors from http://www.wellvisors.com, time to get these installed soonish. :)

I saw this brand while browsing ebay a few months ago and interested in what you think of them. One of the few aftermarket visors that have a more secure install design with the included clips. Might consider getting them if the ones I have that are installed with just the tape start to come loose.

Marutuk

KK6WFB
I haven't had a chance to install them yet but looked at how it's done, the combination of the tape and the clips does make it seem very solid. The visors themselves are very well made too.

I'll post some pics when they are installed.

Marutuk

KK6WFB
Purchased some new tires for my car as the Bighorns were dying - 285/75/16 BFG KO2s.

Also got a rear and front camera ready to install, as well as a lightbar to replace the two spots I got at front.

But first I have to get an exhaust leak and error code fixed. :)

TheMole

Adventurer
Window visors look good! Are you able to see through them like tinted windows or is it pretty distorted? Your rig is coming together nicely!

Jvdkooij

Observer
nice car,
I like the backdoor, defenitely will check if we can do something like that.
I will check the other built thread too.

DeltaFry

Observer
Awesome build.. I have a naïve question and thanks for your help in advance.. in photo #5 under the hood there is a white can on the left side near the top left.near the wind screen( which can't be seen as the hood is upright).. i have a 2005 3.8 also but that area in my under the hood is empty... Any idea what that white can is?

Marutuk

KK6WFB
The white bottle is my windshield wiper fluid reservoir as I had to move it due to the snorkel :)

That area is empty on stock gen 3s - some people use it for dual battery setups, compressors, etc.

DeltaFry

Observer
The white bottle is my windshield wiper fluid reservoir as I had to move it due to the snorkel :)

That area is empty on stock gen 3s - some people use it for dual battery setups, compressors, etc.

Thanks for the response...makes sense and it's good to know there is that extra space under the hood for mods..

Marutuk

KK6WFB
Window visors look good! Are you able to see through them like tinted windows or is it pretty distorted? Your rig is coming together nicely!
No huge issue with them, it takes some getting used to but they are see-through but dark :)

Marutuk

KK6WFB
Seems that part of the issue of noise and error codes was a broken catalytic converter. Had to put my car in the shop to get this fixed, but now have to try to find a (CA legal) part.

Marutuk

KK6WFB
Replaced my Maxxis Bighorns with some 285/75/16 KO2s. World of difference in terms of driving noise and feeling, definitely for the better.

Some pictures:
IMG_20160916_181708.jpg
Floating car in all its dusty glory

IMG_20160916_183748.jpg
Comparison with the one of the old tires

14333654_10154495199076407_2434802764485869319_n.jpg
And with the new tires on.

Only drawback now is that I can't put my spare on my rear door and need a spacer - does anyone have a good lead on where to find one or get one made? I am nowhere near being able to do some fabrication.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles