'07 Frontier to be available mid-December

edsd90

Observer
I've been on here a long time, but haven't posted in some time. My well built '07 Frontier Nismo will be coming on the market in December, so thought I should share a brief description now in case anyone is considering a ready-to-go Frontier in the near future.
Full details will be in my listing that will appear in December, but I should mention some of the more significant features to give an idea of the build.
Back when new, ARB used my truck to fit and adapt the whole range of Australian Navara products to our North American spec Frontiers. This includes the ARB front bumper with a Warn XD9000 winch (Masterpull Superline synthetic rope), Warn SDB-160 Dual Beam driving lights, ARB rear bumper, and a full set of ARB heavy duty skid plates. In addition, it has an ARB CKMA12 on-board air system, Shrockworks sliders, and a Shrockworks rear diff cover. Up front, there is a pair of custom tow points, which I wrote up on here a few years ago, which have been copied by several members of this forum with my assistance. Suspension wise, it has PRG Radflow coil overs and upper control arms in the front, with OME Dakar leafs and greaseable shackles in the back, giving the truck about a 2" lift. The tires, Goodyear AT Silent Armor LT235-85/16 E, have good tread remaining. Inside, this truck might have the only set of Escape Gear "Airotech" fitted seat covers in the US, ordered from South Africa, and a custom fridge mount that is made to bolt in place of the single passenger seat behind the driver.
In the engine department, it has an Injen intake, improved exhaust flow, and an Odyssey 1750 battery.
It has about 118k miles, has been well taken care of, with full service records since new, and been used off-road so has the usual pin striping you'd expect from such use. It's an extremely capable Frontier, ready for a lot more adventures. I'll be posting up a more detailed ad in a couple weeks. The truck is located in the Portland, Oregon area.
Below is one photo to give an idea of the Frontier's general appearance and stance. This shot was taken in June 2012 during a Warn photo shoot for their Zeon winch, and the Nissan is still on the Warn web site in a Zeon video and still photo.

Attachments

• P1010607.jpg
    P1010607.jpg
    597.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

edsd90

Observer
Nice well thought out build. Good luck on the sale! Whats next on the horizon if you don't mind me asking?
Thank you for the build comment. I've really liked this truck, and will miss it. I've had a GMC Canyon with the new diesel on order since mid-September, and it's finally scheduled for production. I doubt the Canyon will be nearly as capable as this Nissan has been, but then my overland expeditions have become less technical over the last few years, so won't need all the capability that this truck offers. I also have a Defender 90, and have actually led a couple Land Rover trips in the Nissan, and this Frontier has been able to tackle some pretty technical and challenging sections of trail.
Update to my original Warn video comment - I looked at the Warn site for the first time in a long time, and see the Zeon video/features section has been changed with the recent Zeon upgraded features. The old video is still on You Tube however, and the Nissan appears at 1:18 and again at 2:18. Watch carefully, it only appears for a few seconds each time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swzDsntxB_Q

edsd90

Observer
is there a reason you are picking the canyon over the titan XD?
I started watching the development of both the Titan XD and the Canyon 2.8 Duramax way back. As details emerged, I decided the Titan is way more than I need, and because the mid-size Frontier has been one of my favorite vehicle purchases ever, did not hesitate to order the Canyon when it was rolled out. For me, mid-size is perfect, the Titan overkill. We occasionally tow a small travel trailer (only 4000 lbs), and the tow rating of the new Canyon is a perfect fit.
I also do some extended overland trips, and the mid-size Frontier fits our western US trails nicely. I have many years of experience here, between the Defender 90 and Frontier, and can't imagine doing those in a full size pickup.

edsd90

Observer
Any idea on asking price?
That's a great question, and one I need to address immediately. I've done zero research and really put no thought into it, so will address that now and post up an idea.
I see you're in Oregon, so if near the Portland area and have a desire to see it, please send a PM and we can arrange a time that works with your schedule.

edsd90

Observer
Can one buy the skids now from ARB?
Big Coop
I am not sure, I have not been in contact with them in quite awhile. I don't think they ever brought any more in, even back when my truck was fitted with them in about 2008-9, but you should call or email them to find out availability. They are very well made and very sturdy.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Too bad to see you're selling it Ed, I used your truck and the write-ups you did on ClubFrontier to make a lot of decisions about my build. It's such a great looking truck. Sadly that ARB rear bumper didn't garner enough interest here in the US to keep them in stock for people, so buying one is about a 6 month wait. I don't think the skids are ready in the states either. I'm sure they can be gotten, but how long it would take is another story...

But it looks great. Hopefully it will go on to someone who uses it to go all kinds of awesome places.

Hey quick question: How easy was it to fit the Odyssey 1750? Did you use the stock location and everything? If so, that's intriguing. I was planning on jumping to an Odyssey sooner rather than later, and being able to easily fit a group 65 under the hood would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

davidshourd

Adventurer
Ed, bummed to hear you are selling out! I just moved back to the Portland area after moving to Eugene and then CdA Idaho since I saw you last there in LO. keep in touch man and good luck on the sale. curious to see where your sale price comes in at :) always interested in another Nissan in the fleet!

edsd90

Observer
Hey quick question: How easy was it to fit the Odyssey 1750? Did you use the stock location and everything? If so, that's intriguing. I was planning on jumping to an Odyssey sooner rather than later, and being able to easily fit a group 65 under the hood would be pretty cool.
Thank you for the nice comments about my Frontier, and it's great to hear that you were able to find some things I did for inspiration in your own build.
Regarding the Odyssey, first I have to correct my earlier comment that it was a 1750. I should have looked before creating this thread, and this afternoon when taking the photos noticed it is actually a 1700, so slightly smaller. This 1700 fits the stock Frontier battery location without any issues. I merely replaced the stock plastic battery tray with a thick piece of rubber, cut to the size of the Odyssey to keep it off the sheet metal, and found the perfect piece of rectangular aluminum tube to create a secure hold down bracket. The hold down j-hooks are in the correct position, so reused those as well. These Odyssey batteries last for what seems forever. This one is just a few years old, but I had one in my Defender 90 for at least 10 years, probably 12, and only replaced it recently because the fellow who sold them to me at a discount was leaving his employment, so I decided to replace it with a new 1700 while he was still there. Attached are a couple photos of the 1700 in the Frontier.
Enjoy your expedition Frontier.
Ed

Attachments

• DSC01729.jpg
    DSC01729.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC01730.jpg
    DSC01730.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

edsd90

Observer
Ed, bummed to hear you are selling out! I just moved back to the Portland area after moving to Eugene and then CdA Idaho since I saw you last there in LO. keep in touch man and good luck on the sale. curious to see where your sale price comes in at :) always interested in another Nissan in the fleet!
Good to hear from you, David. I've seen that amazing building you built for the Ducks. Their training complex is being talked about as the best in all of football, NFL included. And I just drove by Howard's house this morning, and the building and landscaping makes it look like it's been there for many years. Send me a message about your location and what project your doing now.

edsd90

Observer
The wait for the diesel Canyon turned out to be way longer than any of us ordering them expected, so the Nissan has stayed in our ownership until recently. I have enjoyed working with a specialty car dealer in the Portland area in the past, and in the middle of the holiday season decided I wanted to work with him again, and save the effort of selling the Nissan myself.
The expedition ready Nissan is now listed on the Discovery Plus Motors web site - http://www.discoveryplusmotors.com/vehicle-details/2007-nissan-frontier-se-nismo-4dr-crew-cab-truck-e73de6d326f34a32aee8a71b1cfb5b99/. An extensive number of photos are included in the listing.
Garrett is a great person to work with, and if this is a vehicle that might work for you, don't hesitate to contact him. He has the complete list of modifications and improvements, but they are not all listed on his web site, so I'll include that full list here:

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo Off-Road, Crew Cab, short box, white with gray interior.

Standard options were:
Electronic locking rear differential
Hill descent control
Hill start assist
4-wheel limited slip
16” 6-spoke aluminum wheels
Fog lights
Sunroof and roof rack package
Rockford Fosgate Premium Audio package
Tow package with 7-pin trailer wiring
Factory spray-in bed liner
Utili-track and tie down points

One owner, 120,000 miles. Full service records, some product receipts and original window sticker. All paint is original, except for a very small dent repair at the drivers side, rear bottom corner, and recent minor bodywork on the passenger side caused by a car in the right lane making an improper lane change while the Nissan was along side in the left lane.

Interior changes and additions (all prices are product only, no freight or installation):
Escape Gear “Airotech” fitted seat covers, front and rear sets
- perhaps the only set ever brought into the US. $350
WeatherTech floor mats $118
12v/40 amp fused PowerPole distribution block under drivers seat
RAM 1” ball mount on dash face (for tablet or phone)
Custom stainless steel fridge mount for left rear seat location
US Global Sat GPS roof mount antenna, with cable routed to dash top area
Laird multi-band roof mount antenna, with cable routed to under driver seat
All windows tinted to code

Exterior changes and additions:
ARB Deluxe front bumper $1000
w/ Warn XD9000 winch (remote mounted solenoid) $775
w/ MasterPull Superline synthetic rope $400
w/ Warn SDB-160 Dual Beam driving light set $400
Custom front tow points $250
ARB rear step bumper $700
w/Hella adjustable work light, dash switched $50
ARB skid plate set, 4 piece (only set in US) $570
ARB CKMA12 on-board air compressor, with braided ss line to chuck at front bumper, dash switched $350
Shrockworks rock sliders $540
Shrockworks rear diff protector $140
Raingler roof rack net $95
Bed divider net
Extra set of Utili-track tie down cleats

Performance:
Factory Workshop/Service manual on CD ROM
Superchips Cortex. Tunes include Stock, Performance, 87 Octane Performance, and Tow Performance $380
Odyssey PC1700MJT battery $275
Injen intake $290
Y-pipe flow improvements
Heavy duty transmission cooler

Suspension and tires:
Front - PRG Radflo coilover kit and upper control arms $750
Rear - OME Dakar medium duty leaf spring kit w/ greasable shackles $500
and OME Nitrocharger shocks $160
Tires - Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Silent Armor Pro-Grade LT245/85-R16. Load rated E, excellent tread remaining.

Major items listed in right column total $7650, parts only.

Also included is a Retrax retractable bed cover w/ Thule/Yakima rails.
Value prox $1100 if in good shape, but it needs a new cover.
New cover quoted at $426 + $48 shipping by Retrax.

If there are any questions I can answer here on Expedition Portal, don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94