Butch Cassidy's Hideout...

mph

Expedition Leader
Wow...crazy/sad story I'm sure...maybe we can swap stories sometime down in the deserts of Utah:) Safe travels.

The rangers called my neighbor so he would be at the widows house when they called. I didn't know they had a full time coroner there in the park. Yes, a long story here as well. and much should be unposted. I'm sorry about what happened to your brother in law but it can be an unsafe sport and I haven't dangled on a rope since 1992. Not that I ever cared much for it, ever.

v_man

Explorer
Just curious what kind of anchors there are ? Is it bolted , natural features slung? I've climbed all over the US but canyoneering looks like a lot of fun, I'm wondering how much techniques/practices the two sports share ....

XJINTX

Explorer
Thus we know that Everett Ruess probably never made it out of there as some would like to think. Beautiful but can be dangerous... I can't imagine how dangerous back when he explored there.

mph

Expedition Leader
Most canyons are not bolted at all. There was a few anchors in these 2 canyons that were bolted. However, that is definitely the exception. Yah, natural anchors...webbing...decent rings...deadman anchors, trees, boulders, etc. Canyoneering offers you another avenue to explore the unexplored...there are just so many canyons to explore in the deserts of Utah. A rappel here and there opens up so many more options.

You will like:)

Just curious what kind of anchors there are ? Is it bolted , natural features slung? I've climbed all over the US but canyoneering looks like a lot of fun, I'm wondering how much techniques/practices the two sports share ....

mph

Expedition Leader
Thus we know that Everett Ruess probably never made it out of there as some would like to think. Beautiful but can be dangerous... I can't imagine how dangerous back when he explored there.

Totally agree:)

kokopropelli

Clean up time...the sun felt great...It was just a nice casual jaunt from here on out...We escaped one of the only true "horse" exits I know of in the region.

Hey MPH, great post and pictures. I'm heading to the roost with my crew here in couple weeks, I'm very curious about the location of this horse exit you spoke of, any chance you could point me to a location? Thanks!

mph

Expedition Leader
Hey MPH, great post and pictures. I'm heading to the roost with my crew here in couple weeks, I'm very curious about the location of this horse exit you spoke of, any chance you could point me to a location? Thanks!

Sure, shoot me a PM and I will give the directions. Have a map handy:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles