2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Build Thread

JeepN95YJ

Adventurer
Thanks, I love this Jeep.

I took a preventative measure and removed the washer bottle before the first trip. I will be working on a replacement but I am waiting until I install a snorkle before I seek a solution.

jclaudii

Fun and nice looking rig, Have yall named it yet? Mine is the "Jeepamajigger" kinda like the "thingamajigger" from the Cat in the Hat cartoon the kids watched.

I am curious how you like your interior? I figured you would have swapped over the leather form the parts rig. I have a 99 and I hope to find a way to put the 2002 pillar handles in the 99.

I am in love with that hidden winch. How hard do you think it would be to fab something like that up?

JeepN95YJ

Adventurer
Fun and nice looking rig, Have yall named it yet? Mine is the "Jeepamajigger" kinda like the "thingamajigger" from the Cat in the Hat cartoon the kids watched.

I am curious how you like your interior? I figured you would have swapped over the leather form the parts rig. I have a 99 and I hope to find a way to put the 2002 pillar handles in the 99.

I am in love with that hidden winch. How hard do you think it would be to fab something like that up?

Thanks. I don't name my Jeeps. I do grow quite fond of them, but they do not get a name.

I prefer the cloth over the leather. I "sink in" to the cloth seats and slide over the leather. The consensus with the family is the same.

I had planned to fab the winch plate as well, but for the $250 or so dollars HK wanted it just wasn't worth the effort. I simply placed an order online and had the winch plate a few weeks later. Customer service and communication were exemplary.

UtahBlues

Interesting read. I just joined the forum and this is the first post I read. I bought a 2000 WJ Laredo 4.7 a year ago with 83k original miles and after driving it for a year and 10k miles, I am confident it is a reliable platform to mod into an Overland rig. I have been researching mods for the last few months and making a plan. As it happens, our Jeeps will be very similar. I just purchased the same 3" lift from IRO with the same Bilstein 5125 shocks. Both arrived today actually. Last Friday I bought a set of Rubicon wheels also. I went with 255/70r17 General Grabber ATs and those arrived a couple days ago. I am waiting on a steering stabilizer from Rough Country. Future plans are DIY sliders, roof rack and skid plates. Then bumper(s)/winch. Still researching all this but my overall goal is to build a reliable, functional overland rig on a reasonable budget. I will be starting my own thread as well to share as you did.
Thank you, by the way. Threads like these have been very inspirational. Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles