Swapping 2.5" springs for 3.5"??

GFA

Adventurer
Currently I'm running a teraflex 2.5" lift with bilstein shocks and rancho geometry brackets. The springs currently sag to the passenger side about an inch or so so I'll be replacing them soon, probably when I put on new 35" (315's) tires to replace my current 285's. I know the 315's will work on the 2.5 lift but I prefer the look of the 3.5 with the larger tires and I need new springs anyways.

So, what else is involved with going to 3.5's? If it's more than just the springs themselves I don't think it'd be worth it. And what brand springs should I go with since I'm only buying springs and not a whole system? I'm thinking synergy?

Thanks

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
If you're going to be putting on longer springs, then what about your shocks? They going to work with the new springs? What about your sway bar? That going to work with the longer springs? Etc, etc, etc. I don't know...but it's something I'd look into before throwing on longer springs.

GFA

Adventurer
Yup, those are my thoughts too so hopefully there's someone who's done this before and can offer some advice

My track bar is adjustable and is good for a 2-4" lift. It looks like I'd need either a new rear track bar or a bracket designed for a 3"+ lift.

Shocks are my big unknown. I know they're bilsteins but don't have any part #'s that I can see. I'll have to do some digging there I guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier