exterior panel ideas

loonwheeler

Adventurer
Depending on the alloys of aluminum & steel - galvanic corrosion between these two materials actually will not be too much of a concern. For galvanic corrosion (just like LukeH mentioned) you must create a galvanic potential between materials. One material acting as a cathode (where corroded material will deposit) while the other material acting as an anode (material which is corroded during the electrochemical reaction). In this case, both low carbon steel and most wrought aluminum alloys have nearly the same anodic index, making them both favorable anodes but neither being favorable cathodes. Without a cathode (low electrochemical voltage), any galvanic reaction will be extremely limited in nature between these two materials.

I believe the main concern you should address is call "cold bridging". Many posts about this subject here on Expo that one can read about and learn from other's experiences.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Corrugated plastic 10mm, can be the basis of the poor man's solution to a composite panel when used with other materials. The outside is plastic board, next inner layer vapor barrier, then blue board, then your inside covering. Another sandwich is poly coated nylon or canvas, the plastic, insulation and poly coated liner again, this is being used for cold weather tents. Running the channels vertically allows condensation to run down inside to the bottom outside the tent pan floor. A guy in Canada is making and testing these softer hard panels. I'm getting a beer sign made with the same plastic, I already hit the thing and couldn't dent it as it hung on a steel fence with 4" spaces between the bars (Yes, I hit it between the bars). You can buy these plastic sheets, 10 sheets 4x8 for less than $200. You could use several layers as well, lots of possibilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz