$379 to change at timing belt at the Toyota dealer?

I ended up calling the dealer back again. They have a coupon for $299 for the timing belt. Service guy said ruff price with water pump, etc would be around $800.

What's this for? Your profile lists 2 'Burbs and a new Foz- all of which have timing chains.
When I did the belt on my 5VZ, it took 5 hours with hand tools. I swapped just the belt. ONLY hard part was getting the crank bolt loose. If everything is tight/quiet, I don't see the benefit to replacing the other stuff, at least not for the 1st (or subsequent odd number belts). So if this shop has a tech good at this, he can probably do it in just over an hour (two at the most). That means plenty of money made and they get your business.

I was looking at Toyota's. I ended up getting a 2000 LX470, but it had the belt changed 50k ago.

kastiron

The used car dealer that sold me my 2004 Sequoia has only charges for their cost of parts for as long as buyers own their rigs. My timing belt, water pump, and both differential fluid services were done a few months ago for under 400. 212k miles total on the sequoia, I hope to get to 300k before getting another.

ilazonic

Adventurer
my parts for my tundra were close to 450$ alone so I would say around 700-800$ total with parts is about right
of course I did it myself cuz I'm a cheap skate haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94