Mounting a Hi-Lift on a JKU

JKU87

Adventurer
Hey all,

This is how I currently have my Hi-Lift mounted. I'm hesitant about this spot with the upcoming winter and don't want it to be exposed to the elements. I also don't want it taking up room inside my rig and having the risk of my dog whacking his head on it. Where have others mounted theirs?
37a364d65b0b200249bf727d7682b5f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I run "The Dave" mount from Dominion Off-Road. It keeps the Hi-Lift inside, secure, out of view and out of the elements. It keeps my Hi-Lift, Hi-Lift sand/mud base plate, shovel, and axe secure. There is no way your dog is going to "whack his head on it", nor are your rear seat passengers and it's not going to block any rear access or view out the rear window.

http://www.dominionoffroad.com/jeep_jk_hi-lift_mount/index.html

xjeep_jk_hi-lift_jack.jpg

Septu

Explorer
I have a 4dr and just put it under the rear seat. Is inside, out of the way, out of the elements and doesn't move around. And importantly it can't go anywhere if there's an accident. This only works if you do not fold your seats down.

JKU87

Adventurer
I run "The Dave" mount from Dominion Off-Road. It keeps the Hi-Lift inside, secure, out of view and out of the elements. It keeps my Hi-Lift, Hi-Lift sand/mud base plate, shovel, and axe secure. There is no way your dog is going to "whack his head on it", nor are your rear seat passengers and it's not going to block any rear access or view out the rear window.

http://www.dominionoffroad.com/jeep_jk_hi-lift_mount/index.html

xjeep_jk_hi-lift_jack.jpg

Really like this and thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Any time. If you go this route, make sure you have a good ratcheting tap tool as you'll have to thread a couple of sleeves. Dominion offers a tap as an option when ordering the kit, I'd recommend that you get it too.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Hi-Liift cover works great!

I have mine up front (just a bit higher), and have run through water crossings, rain, mud and snow over the past year.
The jacking mechanism was lubricated, and a Hi-Lift cover put on from new. Just took the jack back of and checked it. The mechanism is amazingly clean, and still lubricated.

Attachments

• Front-load.jpg
    Front-load.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 21

JKU87

Adventurer
I have mine up front (just a bit higher), and have run through water crossings, rain, mud and snow over the past year.
The jacking mechanism was lubricated, and a Hi-Lift cover put on from new. Just took the jack back of and checked it. The mechanism is amazingly clean, and still lubricated.

Very nice! How are the ST-Maxx treating you? I ordered the Hi-Jack neoprene cover for now and will probably get the Dave Mount in the spring when I get a new bumper.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Very nice! How are the ST-Maxx treating you? I ordered the Hi-Jack neoprene cover for now and will probably get the Dave Mount in the spring when I get a new bumper.

Cool! that should work well. To be honest, I didn't think the jack cover was going to work as good as it does. It was a pleasant surprise to see how clean the jacking mechanism is. Hope it works as great for you. :beer:

The tires have been awesome everywhere they've gone. Some small chunking and cuts from sharp rocks, they flat spot over night, and collect small rocks like the crazy. But the confidence they inspire is worth those very small nit-picks.
Just amazes me what this vehicle will do, and how well it communicates the level of difficulty.

tarditi

Explorer
I have a 4dr and just put it under the rear seat. Is inside, out of the way, out of the elements and doesn't move around. And importantly it can't go anywhere if there's an accident. This only works if you do not fold your seats down.

I mount mine here as well. I got a neoprene cover for the moving parts to keep grease and stuff off the rug. I've only needed it a few times in my 25 years of off-roading, but when you need it, you NEED it. :)

As Scooter

Observer
I used a couple of 2" muffler clamps and bolted it high in the back. A couple of nuts and fender washers, and it doesn't move and is out of the way.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
OMG! If it weren't so true I'd be rolling on the floor laughing.
Must have been a liberal state transplant.
You guys need better screening at the border... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles