2016 Sonora Rally

In 2016, Kraut Racing Team, with major cooperation from OCD Custom Cycles & Auto Repair and Gelände Ventures llc, will enter into its first North American Rally-Raid race. Our sights are set on the second ever running of the Sonora Rally, a four day off-road race that involves navigating across the giant dunes of the Altar Desert in Mexico. With no prior knowledge of the course, no maps or GPS allowed, the driver and navigator are equipped with a compass, an odometer and a highly top secret unique road book issued to them by race coordinators hours before the day starts. The team is expected to travel hundreds of miles finding their way from checkpoint to checkpoint in the vast desert wasteland as fast as possible with nothing more than their driving and orienteering skills, and of course their car. All of us on the Kraut Racing Team are proud to present our Mercedes-Benz 230GE Geländewagen Rally-Raid car. This 1988 short wheel base (SWB) Gwagen was chosen based on its inherent suitability for conquering extremely challenging terrain, as well as its off the assembly-line durability. The SWB 230GE Geländewagen is ideal in that it is one of the lightest models in the Geländewagen line-up. The Mercedes-Benz Geländewagen has a long and successful history competing in the sport of Rally-Raid, including an overall win in the holy grail of all Rally-Raid events - The Paris-Dakar.

For more information please visit Gelaende Ventures LLC on FaceBook or stay connected with OCD Custom Cycles and Auto Repair at www.ocdcustomcycles.com

Thank you,

Marc

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Cool...
I have been following this rally here (there is another thread somewhere), race-dezert and advrider....
great folks putting it on and I plan to help volunteer...
Good luck and keep us posted

McBride

Adventurer
We're gonna have some serious fun at the Sonora Rally! A recent update from the race organizers mentions at least one 250 mile offroad stage!

As I understand it rally raid course designers take a certain delight in punishing the competitors....4 more months and I guess we'll find out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles