2004 Powerstroke Excursion 6.0 Must do mods?

drewactual

Adventurer
gents, seek and buy a bottle of archoil 9100 and douse your oil... the stuff is fantastic with HEUI injectors, and eliminating stichion.

also of note, and again related to those HEUI injectors- they sheer down 40w oil to 30w in rapid fashion... that's what happens when motor oil is used as a hydraulic oil... curiously, it doesn't sheer down 30w... this is based off of hours and hours and OCI after OCI with laboratories and analysis done religiously... so... use a 30w to begin with, and avoid the issue of degraded oil... yeah, ford won't 'approve' it, but it doesn't make it any less true- and we're far past the warranty phase, anyway. 30w is better in HEUI equipped engines.

drewactual

Adventurer
Pangle- if you are interested in a road trip to eastern NC, I have a set of wheels and tires you may be interested in... five of them, w/about 20k miles and no less than 80% tread left... rotated (all five) and balanced every 5k...

Yoko Geolander AT/S's in 37"x12.5"x18 D ply load index 123.... I chose this tire very carefully for one purpose: rolling resistance and weight... they are light, @ around 85# each, and the contact patch is smaller than the casing, at around 10.5"... I now run 37x12.5x20 Cooper STT Plus's, and they are good tires but cut into my mileage by over 4mpg's... heavy and tough rascals they are, which is what I now need, but I kept the geo's around for long highway hauls (which I'm prone to do from time to time)...

if interested, drop me a PM... It's worth your while, but only offered this once, and I'm not interested in shipping. :)

rackandsolar.jpg

backled.jpg

can't recall the make of wheel, but I do recall they are 18x10 with +12 offset and 4.5" backspacing on the lug pattern we share (8x170mm). Sorry, the above is the best pic's i have access to right now.

Pangle

Wanderer
Thanks for all the input guys.. Mine actually has the Archoil 9100 in it as well as their fuel system treatment. It has never not started for me even down into single digits, but it does prefer to be plugged in! I just took it out this weekend for a group meet up in the GW national forest here in VA and it did really well! The 4" zone offroad suspension and other bits did great and was nice and solid. Cruised great on the highway and really good off road. I love the tow/haul mode for off pavement stuff!

When I went out this weekend and saw all the other sweet rides, I could not help my mind but to drift to another Van build for me... I am considering selling this rig just because I cant stop thinking about my van and how much I want another.... I dunno .... at some point I am going to do a UJOR van build... ugh this addiction we have

Pangle

Wanderer
drewactual... thanks for letting me know, I am looking to get some new tires here soon... I just have now been thinking about selling this unit and getting into another van project?? I appreciate you letting me know and will reach out if I decide to inquire further...

On a side note I love your rig! I have an OBS CCSB 7.3 with 90k original miles that we have had since new!. That roof rack is sweeet!

Here is a Pic of mine.. The Cap has since been painted to match.

IMG_2308.jpg

drewactual

Adventurer
thank you, sir...

I hang on to things I shouldn't, sometimes... those are mostly related to one of my toys, and those w+t's are one of those things... If you want them we'll work something out.. if not, I'll hang on to them.. :)

you get one spin on this rock, man, if it's a van you want, get it!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94