View Poll Results: How many days is too many days?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Day trips

0 0%
  • 2 days, 1 night

2 15.38%
  • 3 days, 2 nights

1 7.69%
  • 4 days, 3 nights

6 46.15%
  • Nomad. I could live out there.

4 30.77%

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SW Idaho Adventures?

Default SW Idaho Adventures?

Hello, Just though I would make a post to see how many adventures are in the SW Idaho area that are here.

I am interested in doing some expeditions into the Owyhees as well as surrounding mountains and parts of Oregon, Nevada.

I am currently involved with a local FSJ group and we have gone out on a few day trips. I was also involved with a local Jeep meetup group and we did a few trips, but the group dissolved.

Here are a few pictures of past outings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ghcoe; 12-06-2015 at 03:36 AM.

I guess I should state that I am not interested in rock crawling or any other type terrain where body panels could be injured. Long distance point A to point B and usually round trips would be what I am interested in. Thanks for looking and shout out.

We don't have anything planned in the near future, but we do the kind of trips you are interested in... I'm located in the Jerome/Twin Falls area...You can find my past adventures on here...Go to my profile and look at past posts...Thompson 500...ORIDAVADAH...Boulder Basin...etc...

Those trips certainly look like fun to me. We are planning a trip down to Crutcher's Crossing sometime this spring. Looks like you guys went in June? How was the river crossing at that time? I know that the water gets to pumping through there during certain times of the year.

only axle deep...

I live in Nampa and have a 2008 JK Rubi. I try to go out every weekend, if not every other.

Last weekend I went out to Succor Creek and Leslie Gulch. Roads were surprisingly decent (albeit a wee bit slick from being wet in spots). I'm not a fan of rock crawling or mud bogging either. I'm trying to find areas that are still passable in these winter months. Looks like much of the Silver City area is now blocked in by the unmaintained roads, but I am game for going out (only available on Sundays).

Quote Originally Posted by gorillamel View Post
    I live in Nampa and have a 2008 JK Rubi. I try to go out every weekend, if not every other.

Last weekend I went out to Succor Creek and Leslie Gulch. Roads were surprisingly decent (albeit a wee bit slick from being wet in spots). I'm not a fan of rock crawling or mud bogging either. I'm trying to find areas that are still passable in these winter months. Looks like much of the Silver City area is now blocked in by the unmaintained roads, but I am game for going out (only available on Sundays).
    Thanks for the reply. I was just on that same trip earlier this year with the Jeep meetup group that is now dissolved. The best part was the ride along the lake. Not sure if you did that our not, but well worth the trip. Here is a couple videos of that trip.

We are a FSJ group, but don't discriminate https://www.facebook.com/groups/816443511746717/. I will try to remember to post updates here when things come together. Right now the only thing on the books is Crutcher's Crossing sometime this spring. Probably April or May. This video is not us, but will give a idea of what to expect.

The gate to Leslie was locked. We hiked in to the cabin. We're avid rock climbers, so we plan to return again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I did hear that the road had washed out a few weeks back. Probably will not be open till next spring now.

You are probably correct. We talked to the BLM before going out and they advised the rock fall had been cleared off the road and that it was open. When we got there on Sunday, it was closed. Apparently an earth mover got stuck down there. I am guessing it will probably remain closed till spring. Although the road to the cabin/Juniper Gulch is clear, which I believe is where the rock fall happened.

Here is the BLM update on it: http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recr...php?siteid=286

I was thinking of going to Tiddy Springs or Sinker Creek (pretty full right now, but I have the land owner's contact info to get permission) sometime soon to go exploring. All this rain is making trails icky and I dont like to make trails any more rutted than they already are.

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast