1991 Chevy R/V3500 Crew Cab Build

mattcrouch1502

Observer
Not a ton of progress from this weekend but I was battling the flu.

I was able to get the front end off, the big block pulled and sold, removed the factory engine crossmember and modified my core support to hold the innercooler and radiator.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Wow:Wow1:Matt when you say not a ton of progress, well you leave me wanting to be able to do half your work. Looking good. I am looking forward to seeing that diesel going in. Looks like a really cool build. As you know we all love the updates and pics of your build. I am looking forward to seeing what else you get up to. Cheers, Chilli..:)

mattcrouch1502

Observer
Wow:Wow1:Matt when you say not a ton of progress, well you leave me wanting to be able to do half your work. Looking good. I am looking forward to seeing that diesel going in. Looks like a really cool build. As you know we all love the updates and pics of your build. I am looking forward to seeing what else you get up to. Cheers, Chilli..:)

Hahaha, thanks Chili! I took this week off of work to make a big dent in the swap so I'm hopping to get a lot accomplished, we will see though.

mattcrouch1502

Observer
Here is the progress from today, I removed the powersteeing box because it needs to be replaced and I found one of the bolt holes has a few spider cracks running out from it... So I hopped online and ordered the weld in repair kit, it should be in on Thursday. While I am waiting on that I am going to get as much else finished as I can, so I clearanced the front crossmember and test fitted the engine with the core support to get a idea where the mounts need to be. Now I have to clearance the firewall some for the bellhousing bolts and it should be good. Here are the few photos I did take, sorry for the red haze, I had to put up a pop-up cover to keep the rain off.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

mattcrouch1502

Observer
So Wednesday consisted of test fitting the engine about 15 times and persuading the firewall with a hammer. Thursday was mostly running around getting parts ect. Friday I painted the firewall and welded on the steering box brace, and swapped the Dodge NV4500 input into my Chevy NV4500. Today I landed the engine in its final location, installed the NV4500 and Np205, I had to take the driveshaft to be shorted. I was also able to wrap and hang my down pipe along with some other small things. I installed the core support and passenger side fender to see how the intake and everything would line up. Here are a few pics I got...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

mattcrouch1502

Observer
Here are some pics of the progress from the last post. The weather has not been cooperating but I have got the innercooler and radiator hosed in and connected, fenders are on and ran the power and grounds for the battery.

Also got the exhaust in, I was surprised how well the 89-93 Dodge D250 kit fit. I had to add a 6" section so the bend over the axle would line up but other than that it was a good fit.

I also started running my fuel lines down the driver side frame rail. Here are the pics!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Wow:Wow1:your truck looks absolutly awesome Matt! Great to see the upgrades going on. I am looking forward to see what things you have going on in the future. Cheers, Chilli...:)

arveetek

Adventurer
Looking good!

I would love to see some pics of the whole truck, since I can't see the original photos you posted at the beginning of this thread!

Casey

mattcrouch1502

Observer
Wow:Wow1:your truck looks absolutly awesome Matt! Great to see the upgrades going on. I am looking forward to see what things you have going on in the future. Cheers, Chilli...:)

Thank you Chilli! I'm really excited!

Looking good!

I would love to see some pics of the whole truck, since I can't see the original photos you posted at the beginning of this thread!

Casey

Here you go, I am also going to try and fix the pics in this thread.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

mattcrouch1502

Observer
Made a little progress on Sunday (rained all day Saturday), here is what I'm left with.

- Finish the wiring, need to hook up the electric fans, headlight relays, and maybe the grid heater.
- Make fuel line connections on fuel tank, and prime the fuel lines.
- Fill fluids, and check bolts
- Sort out my clutch mastercylinder issue
- All the little things I forgot...

Here are a few pics of the relay box and Buss bar I'm using.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles