Closeout Sale Of Remaining JAMES BAROUD Classic Models

concretejungle

Adventurer
I am putting my two cents in here regarding ease of operation... i think a big factor is how high off the ground your RTT is. If you have an extremely lifted vehicle with awnings on, sometimes it's hard to get the front to close because it's such a reach. Other than that, it really shouldn't be a big problem. That's been my personal experience.

chmura

Adventurer
I am putting my two cents in here regarding ease of operation... i think a big factor is how high off the ground your RTT is. If you have an extremely lifted vehicle with awnings on, sometimes it's hard to get the front to close because it's such a reach. Other than that, it really shouldn't be a big problem. That's been my personal experience.

Does James Baroud make any tents with a ratcheting mechanism to open/close the tent similar to the ones Autohome makes?

concretejungle

Adventurer
not that i'm aware of.

When i camp with my Autohome buddies, my tent is deployed and ready in ½ of the time of theirs. But, it's reverse on take down, usually they can close their tents a little easier than i can just because i have to climb up so high to pull the front down, then go to the back and pull it down while tucking in the fabric, then back to the front to completely latch it closed... So i bet this new design will make closing the tent a lot easier.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Mahalo for the info!
Assuming my wife doesn't read this AND money is not a factor, would waiting for the new version of the GrandRaidXXL make a big difference in comfort and ease of operation?

The new 360* style is available currently. The only ease of operation would be reduced strut pressures and a new locking strut mechanism. Another added feature is a 360* mesh design that allows 8 windows completely around the tent for warmer climates. I can say that both tents are the highest in quality and design, but the added features in the new models are hard to beat. This is why we have considerably discounted the original designs for those who are interested for an unbeatable value.

rino

You are spot on, closing the original style tents can be a chore on vehicles with rooflines that are not reachable from the ground.

rino

Does James Baroud make any tents with a ratcheting mechanism to open/close the tent similar to the ones Autohome makes?

James Baroud does not offer a ratcheting mechanism for our tents. They believe that the best design is that of low pressure gas struts and a lock out mechanism. This allows ease of operation with a system less prone to failure and no crank handle to misplace. :)

harbinger808

Adventurer
the new versions sound great for az summers! any pics of the new ones?... could not find on the website.

The new 360* style is available currently. The only ease of operation would be reduced strut pressures and a new locking strut mechanism. Another added feature is a 360* mesh design that allows 8 windows completely around the tent for warmer climates. I can say that both tents are the highest in quality and design, but the added features in the new models are hard to beat. This is why we have considerably discounted the original designs for those who are interested for an unbeatable value.

rino

the new versions sound great for az summers! any pics of the new ones?... could not find on the website.

Just a quick shot off my phone, on the space models it features a 270* screen mesh.
97846C86-2F1C-48E8-95BC-7D361FA0F2D2_zpsupyxdbv3.jpg

Adventure: OffRoad

Guy that goes places and does things.
My wife and I are highly interested in one of the closeout tents but are curious if there will be any dimension changes to the tents, or just general design changes?

Happykamper

Explorer
Have a 2012 JKU 4.5" lift , I'm 6'4 " 250lb . Which close out would be good for me. Thinking four seasons. Have At chaser that my wife goes with me on occasion. This would be for me to just jump in and head out.
Thanks for answer . Please PM me. I will put awning on one side only.
Mike

rino

My wife and I are highly interested in one of the closeout tents but are curious if there will be any dimension changes to the tents, or just general design changes?

All the dimensions will remain untouched and the same floor and roof pans will actually be the same. Just the opening mechanics and increased window coverage will set the two apart.

rino

Have a 2012 JKU 4.5" lift , I'm 6'4 " 250lb . Which close out would be good for me. Thinking four seasons. Have At chaser that my wife goes with me on occasion. This would be for me to just jump in and head out.
Thanks for answer . Please PM me. I will put awning on one side only.
Mike

PM'd :)

Adventure: OffRoad

Guy that goes places and does things.
All the dimensions will remain untouched and the same floor and roof pans will actually be the same. Just the opening mechanics and increased window coverage will set the two apart.
Good to know. Since we're about 5 hours away it looks like I just gotta find the time to drive down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94