Closeout Sale Of Remaining JAMES BAROUD Classic Models

archipeep

Great customer service from Rin and the team at OK4WD. Got my Explorer Evo and the plastic ladder mount on the ladder broke. One email and Rin overnighted end the metal hook retrofit kit.

Was all repaired and ready for my Death Valley trip that week.

That James Baroud tent is super nice! Would have been worth it at full price!

Last edited:

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Great customer service from Rin and the team at OK4WD. Got my Explorer Evo and the plastic ladder mount on the ladder broke. One email and Rin overnighted end the metal hook retrofit kit.

Was all repaired and ready for my Death Valley trip that week.

That James Baroud tent is super nice! Would have been worth it at full price!

Glad I could assist and happy travels!

KevinK

Not Very New Member
Not sure if you're still looking at the XXL, but we live in Gilbert, AZ and should have ours installed in a few weeks. Let me know if you'd like a look at it. :)

the new versions sound great for az summers! any pics of the new ones?... could not find on the website.

harbinger808

Adventurer
Aloha KevinK.
I'd love to take a look at it if i can find some time... we only have the one vehicle between my wife and I, and I'm being Mr. Mom these days. Send me a PM or post some pics also and hopefully we can meet up!

Not sure if you're still looking at the XXL, but we live in Gilbert, AZ and should have ours installed in a few weeks. Let me know if you'd like a look at it. :)

dieck

Adventurer
For Sale James Baroud Discovery Space Demo

Was Talking to Rin today and he suggested I post this here. I'm selling a demo James Baroud Discovery Space. Long story short, my off road trailer solar configuration won't work with the space model. So I'm ordering a different tent from OK4wd.

It's brand new, and I've slept in it two weekends and love it, but gotta have a different tent to work with my trailer.

Can find a link to the for-sale section here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...James-Baroud-RTT-Discovery-Space-Austin-Texas

Good deal for someone in the south on an outstanding tent.

12670701_10207263289634160_1901109877273264046_n.jpg

12974511_10207261140500433_5949663870977516169_n.jpg

dman93

Adventurer
I know the close out is sold out, but this seemed to be a good thread to post this question:

Since the gas struts merely raise the tent, but don't hold it up (there are locking strut bars, right?), can "weaker" struts be real-fitted to an older tent? I'm looking at a used Discovery Space, and the effort to close is a concern. I assume the struts are fairly off-the-shelf units and typically are available in a wide range of ratings for a given travel and end configurations.

Thanks - dman93

KevinK

Not Very New Member
I meant to post up pictures of our current model Grand Raid XXL, but we've been too busy using it. :)

IMG_6437.jpg

IMG_6466.jpg

IMG_6820.jpg

IMG_6819.jpg

IMG_6818.jpg

IMG_6799.jpg

Eldgen

Builder of Dreams
I meant to post up pictures of our current model Grand Raid XXL, but we've been too busy using it. :)

IMG_6437.jpg

IMG_6466.jpg

IMG_6820.jpg

IMG_6819.jpg

IMG_6818.jpg

IMG_6799.jpg

Hi Kevin, I know this is old but I think it's sucks no one has praise you for your setup. It's very clever for the minimalist and addresses the bad weather inconvenience with entering and exiting your hard shell tent. Also provides security for items in the bed and the tents mounting points. I like it.

Looks awesome! I want one... too bad I missed this sale. Argh. I'll have to keep shopping around I guess, and hope to catch another one of these deals. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne