Closeout Sale Of Remaining JAMES BAROUD Classic Models

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
This year marked the release of the new 360* models for the James Baroud line of roof top tents and with that the end of the Classic models. We still have some of these Classic models in stock and will be offering a closeout sale to the public on these remaining tents. The sale prices only apply to Classic model tents and are while supplies last. These tents are still new in box and carry the full 5 year manufacture warranty. These prices also include shipping within the lower 48! Please feel free to ask any questions, I would be happy to help!

jamesbaroudclassic_zps7m6vfend.jpg

Available New Models:

Discovery Extreme Evo White $2392.00 Shipped / Originally $3398.00 SOLD OUT

Explorer Evo Dark Gray $2595.00 Shipped / Originally $3699.00 SOLD OUT

Grand Raid XXL Evo White $2662.00 Shipped / Originally $3799.00 SOLD OUT

Evasion Evo White $2392.00 Shipped / Originally $3399.00 SOLD OUT

Explorer Evo White $2460.00 Shipped / Originally $3499.00 SOLD OUT

Demo/Display Tents:

Discovery Extreme Evo Dark Gray (Classic) $2492.00 Shipped / Originally $3598.00 SOLD OUT

Space Evo Black (2015) $2650.00 Shipped / Originally $3698.00 SOLD OUT

Discovery Extreme Evo Dark Gray (Classic Struts / 2015 Fabric Retro) $2520.00 Shipped / Originally $3598.00 SOLD OUT

Grand Raid XXL Evo White (classic) $2562.00 Shipped / Originally $3799.00 SOLD OUT

The Classic models are sold out, but from time to time we may post demo and display tents in this thread so keep an eye out!

Last edited:

Hector

I have a few ?

What's the difference between the evasion and the explorer models ? Mostly the luggage rack and internal heights?

Specs seem to be similar on their website and yours but their site shows different heights between the two (36/38)

Also the difference between the discovery and the discovery extreme model? That's the shell thickness and insulation I believe or just the luggage rack

Thanks

Last edited:

rino

cool. These are great tents. Will you have the new models on your web page anytime soon?

We have a full photo shoot including 360* views coming this January. We are sorry for the delay of high quality photos, the change in tent design was a big undertaking for us and the largest change in company history. We will also be redesigning our current webpage to better suit our customers. :)

rino

I have a few ?

What's the difference between the evasion and the explorer models ? Mostly the luggage rack and internal heights?

Specs seem to be similar on their website and yours but their site shows different heights between the two (36/38)

Also the difference between the discovery and the discovery extreme model? That's the shell thickness and insulation I believe or just the luggage rack

Thanks

The only difference between the Explorer and Evasion models is the roof panel design. The Explorer features the cargo cutout on top to allow storage of gear >50lbs. The Evasion does not have this cutout and in turn has more headroom.

The difference between the Discovery and Discovery Extreme is the same as above. In fact the Explorer and Extreme share "shells", as do the Discovery and Evasion. The only difference being how the tents open, straight vertical and clamshell style.

Let me know if this makes sense!

rino

I heard that the new model also has a softer lifting strut with a lock out mechanism? is this true?

Correct, The 2015 redesign features 360* screens and a softer strut system with a lock out. Makes it easier to close for lighter folks :)

harbinger808

Adventurer
question?....
planning a month long road trip with my wife, 2 yr old son and 1month daughter. whats the biggest model you have for sale?...

rino

question?....
planning a month long road trip with my wife, 2 yr old son and 1month daughter. whats the biggest model you have for sale?...

The Graind Raid XXL is going to be the best for for your family. They call it at 3 man tent, but it is plenty of room for two adults and 2 small children.

harbinger808

Adventurer
Mahalo for the info!
Assuming my wife doesn't read this AND money is not a factor, would waiting for the new version of the GrandRaidXXL make a big difference in comfort and ease of operation?

The Graind Raid XXL is going to be the best for for your family. They call it at 3 man tent, but it is plenty of room for two adults and 2 small children.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles