1997 Tiger CX - Factory built on a 1993 Cummins 5.9 and a Manual transmission.

wheelie

Wheelie
I only added air ride rear shocks. Simple bolt in.
I have larger rear springs with additional springs to assist.

The air ride rear shocks are made by Gabriel and are an assist. It's exactly what I needed, as I have 75 psi added to them and the truck handles all bumps and dips perfectly balanced. (Shocks have. 200psi max)
Just drove it a few hundred miles and test camping this weekend.

I could not be any happier at this rigs performance. I am SO happy that all this came together as well as it has.

As you can see the front end rose almost 3" after the new Moog HD diesel springs.
I may add a hello wig rear sway bar as this will be the only thing that could finish it off.

But at this point it near perfect. The hellwig rear sway may help if I tow one of our Jeeps.

My beat on Salvaged repaired multi color JKU and unrestored 1941 Slat Grill Willys MB being pulled to storage. (Slat grill was replaced in the 60's)
I am currently looking for a slat grill.

why3zx

Observer
Very, Very cool rig! a Tiger on a first gen Cummins truck, now that's the kind of stuff dreams are made of. And if it helps, I personally like the wheels.

calstar

Observer
......I may add a hellwig rear sway bar as this will be the only thing that could finish it off.......

Hellwig sway bars are one of the "best bang for the buck" items you can get(maybe no so great if are looking for lots of articulation) to control body roll/sway. I was impressed how it changed handling of my 2wd truck.

Very nice project, Brian

Last edited:

wheelie

Wheelie
Hellwig sway bars are one of the "best bang for the buck" items you can get(maybe no so great if are looking for lots of articulation) to control body roll/sway. I was impressed how it changed handling of my 2wd truck.

Very nice project, Brian

Thanks Brian,

I am not sure I need the rear Hellwig set-up yet. I am 1600 miles into my 1st long trip with it and I am extremely happy with the handling. 30-50mph gust and crosswinds were no big deal at all.
I'm fully loaded for 3 weeks and doesn't even feel like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz