IKamper RTT, looks pretty interesting

wesel123

Explorer
Was reading an article on another site and saw an article about this RTT. Love my Columbus, but the extra space would be awesome. One of the pictures has a Utah plate so seems as though they are stateside.

http://www.ikamper.com

tarditi

Explorer
Nice! As a family of 4, we've often assumed there was no good RTT option for us (other than sleeping in a vestibule)

surferdude78

Observer
That's the Korean company that was at OR. Understand they make for Treeline Outdoors as you can clearly see from the roofline.

zuren

Adventurer
Any more information about these tents in the USA? I did notice a page on their website where they have run into shipping/import issues due to cost. Looks like they won't ship until they have enough orders to fill a crate/container. I see they will be an exhibitor at the Overland Expos.

harbinger808

Adventurer
If their build quality is as good as a JamesBaroud, I will definitely be placing an order via their Kickstarter page. Looks like it ends on the last day of the Expo too. If I can save about 500-800 I'm sold. That's a lot of gas money :)

Any more information about these tents in the USA? I did notice a page on their website where they have run into shipping/import issues due to cost. Looks like they won't ship until they have enough orders to fill a crate/container. I see they will be an exhibitor at the Overland Expos.

chmura

Adventurer
I do not like how the tie downs are below the tent. Would be hard for some to use because of that. I definitely would pass because of this. People that develop these hard shell tents need to realize that people have flat racks.

dcg141

Adventurer
It does look like the Treeline. I looked at those before I bought but there was so little info outside of their website. I like the design and the honeycomb aluminium floor is different from everyone else. The Treeline units are very lightweight. That's one of the RTT's problems in the US in general. Outside of this forum there is little to no info on RTT's. Its a pretty major purchase and literally the first one I ever saw in person was the one I bought. In fact its still the only one I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Kade.Tang

It does look like the Treeline. I looked at those before I bought but there was so little info outside of their website. I like the design and the honeycomb aluminium floor is different from everyone else. The Treeline units are very lightweight. That's one of the RTT's problems in the US in general. Outside of this forum there is little to no info on RTT's. Its a pretty major purchase and literally the first one I ever saw in person was the one I bought. In fact its still the only one I have ever seen.
The first one I saw in person and was able to demo was the first RTT I bought. Adventure Sole RT Bravo S. I couldn't find any information on them here or through googling.IMG_20160908_123224.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior