07 Off The Leash Adventure Xterra

Trikebubble

Adventurer
3ad1b7936b712f5b6c601cff3a4e5551.jpg

I wanted to pull the bumper 1/2 way off just to get an idea of what will be involved with putting the ARB bumper on, and since I had easy access I replaced the headlamp assemblies. The originals have over 230K km of pits on them and barely threw any light anymore. If the weather is decent next weekend I may put the new bumper on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhberria

Adventurer
The bumper install may be a little frustrating, but certainly worth it in the end. Have you gotten a chance to spend a night in the tent yet?

Trikebubble

Adventurer
I just put the tent on yesterday. The mattress feels good and it is roomy enough. I'm thinking we will probably make the inaugural overnight camping trip the first weekend of March.

Trikebubble

Adventurer
Yes. Feels very stable. The tracks that come with the tent can be mounted lengthways or crossways (as I did). I had to buy longer bolts to accommodate our wider rails. I also used some 2 1/4" muffler clamp brackets instead of the flat aluminum pieces they supply to secure it down.

204a601ad3cd06db317c1718b1eb3cee.jpg

Trikebubble

Adventurer
Thanks. I figured they would do the job. Painted them with rocker panel paint too.

And look what followed me home today. It seems the project list is growing each day.
0a44154196404e948ee494349bfc5755.jpg

Trikebubble

Adventurer
Well the weather did not co-operate, so I did not get the bumper installed. I got a start on attaching the winch to the bumper in the garage though. I also installed a secondary transmission cooler (which I'd been wanting to do for awhile). I think I will be waiting for another couple weeks, until the last of this winter snow and rainy weather has departed, then I can get on with getting on with my projects. By then, all my suspension components should have arrived and be ready to install as well.

Not the most awe-inspiring picture, but it's all I got today. :)

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
In hindsight, I should have installed my lights and winch before I put the bumper on the truck. So much easier that way.

Waiting patiently for updates. :)

akinc

This is a great build to follow. I have a 2012 Xterra. I love it!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trikebubble

Adventurer
Yes. I'm waiting patiently too. Looking for it to warm up a little more outside. I have everything sitting in the garage. I've mounted the solenoid box on the bumper, got the longer connecting cables. I have all my suspension components sitting too. Winter tires come off this Saturday, so that should mark a starting point for me hopefully. I have my new Dometic CF-50 in the basement, a marine grade socket and plug to wire in the back, two new batteries and a dual battery wiring and management kit also waiting in the wings. So yes, I'm trying to be patient here too for sure.

Trikebubble

Adventurer
So today was to be the day to get the suspension installed, well at least the front. I had everything all organized, and the removal and installation of new coilovers and SPC UCA's on the drivers side went off without a hitch. Started in on the passenger side and then the strap holding the spindle came loose, it fell down a bit, and the CV axle pulled out of the dif housing about 2". I spent the next hour trying to ease if back in to no avail. Tried to remove the axle but to get more room to work with, and it is seized up tight. So Miss X now sits in the driveway, minus one leg, waiting for Round #2 tomorrow. I've been reading up in the complexities of re-installing the CV axle and what a pita it can be. Hopefully I can get this resolved tomorrow and then get the rest of the suspension completed. Once it's all done I'll post a write up of what I'm installing. Wish me luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94