07 Off The Leash Adventure Xterra

Trikebubble

Adventurer
I've been lurking around for awhile now, reading and learning and stuff. I thought I might as well post up what I'm driving, and what my goals are for her.
She is a 2007 Xterra Off-Road. I love this truck (yeh, I call it a truck). I had a Jeep TJ prior to this, and the X there is just no comparison between the two.
My Wife and I, and our four legged co-pilot love to get out and explore, camp, and soak up whatever adventures come our way. The X is my Wife's daily driver, and also the tow vehicle for our little 18' Rockwood Mini Lite travel trailer.

I've been kicking around the idea of the whole overlanding concept for awhile now, and figured the hardest part was going to be how to get the CFO (Wife) on board with the idea. Out of boredom one evening a few months ago, I decided to show her an Expedition Overland episode from Central America, just something to test the waters, see her reaction, gauge interest, you know what I mean. Well, dip me in sparkles and call me happy if she didn't jump on board right away. "Maxtrax, we have to buy some Maxtrax" she kept saying......and I knew the battle was won.

We started this little venture by looking into, and purchasing a CVT Mt. Shasta rooftop tent. (We drive down to Wenatchee across the border in a couple weeks to pick it up). I have also ordered an ARB front bumper from a local off-road shop which should arrive next week. I'll be looking at a winch soon, and am actively looking at a better suspension set up that the present Nisstec 2" AAL/spacer lift the X is currently running.

I'm really looking forward to the onset of spring this year, we are already planning a possible two week trip down to Colorado to meet friends, and have literally thousands of miles of backroads here in BC, hundreds of little gems of lakes, and a couple hundred years of history to go experience.

So, here she is in her current setup.
- Nisstec 2" AAL / spacer lift
- 285 75R/16 BFG All-Terrains
- Magnaflow 12580 2 into 1 muffler
- DIY de-restricted PVC intake with K&N filter

Last edited:

Trikebubble

Adventurer
My DIY ABS pooper pipe intake. I opened up the restrictive intake from the inner fender, installed a K&N filter, and replaced the stock air tube with the ABS. Between this little mod and the new Magna Flow muffler she seems to run like a raped-ape in the mid to higher rpms. I did this to get better pulling performance when towing our travel trailer, which by all accounts it has accomplished.

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
Awesome man, I'm very jealous that you have an ARB bumper on the way already. Maybe somewhat soon I can get one too.

jhberria

Adventurer
Great looking X, brother. I just responded to your inquiries over in my build thread.

You'll have to let me know some good spots to hit BC. I'd love to venture over the border next summer and get into some trouble.

reuben

Supporting Sponsor
Let me know when you get to Colorado. We'll grab a beer.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

seekerbeta

Observer
Join BC Nissan 4WD on facebook. this is the group started by xterra guys, and we are trying to do lots of trips next year if your interested.

Trikebubble

Adventurer
Thanks for the friendly welcome everyone. I can't wait to start throwing some well deserved $$$ at the X.
I'm not sure where we are going in Colorado, I have a group of close friends around Canada and the US, that we all met during a bike rally about 12 years ago now (in Red Lodge Montana). We try to get together every couple of years for some sort of epic adventure....and it seems this upcoming summer Colorado is the spot.
I'll check out the Nissan 4WD Facebook page too, and jhberria, I'll let you know of some areas up here when I start exploring in earnest.

Cheers all, and hey....Merry Christmas.

sailorcolin

Observer
Nice 07! I have an 07 my self. Desert Sand Colour though! :) Cant wait to see the ARB on it. Which Winch are you going with?

Trikebubble

Adventurer
I haven't picked a winch yet. I was looking at the Superwinch TS 9500 synthetic line one, but haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trikebubble

Adventurer
I just got a Badland 12000lb winch from Harbor Freight. Cheap, and has great reviews, I am eventually going to do a synthetic rope conversion. IDK what your budget is but my winch was 250$ after one of their "Super Coupons" http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/1112or-badlands-12000-pound-winch-best-deal-in-winching/

Everything is more expensive up here, and with the Cdn dollar going down the toilet it makes buying in the US almost equally pricey. My only saving grace is that I live about an hour away from the border, so i can take advantage of a drop ship place just across the line if I order stuff from The States. Getting stuff UPS'd into Canada is akin to highway robbery. But i digress, I was looking at a bunch of winches, and the Superwinch TS9500 Synthetic kept popping up. It seems they have designed the brake outside of the drum to decrease heat build up. I realize this winch is made in China, but that in of itself isn't an issue with me. They can be found for around $600 Cdn (with the synthetic line) which is appealing. I have looked at the Warn winches, and no doubt they seem to be the cream of the crop, but like anything their can always be be other brands of any given item that function equally as well for less cost. I am not in a hurry, so I've got a couple months to find a good deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke