Toyotero

Explorer
This is a very familiar looking rig...

:-D

http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=138755

ebay142119612134757.jpg

Toyota : Other Trekker for sale
Sale price: $6,495.00

Very rare 1982 Toyota Trekker in good condition and nicely built for expeditioning or hard core rock crawling. or just a daily driver/weekend warrior. Seats four! Even rarer Colorado edition that shipped only to Colorado; it has blower vents on each corner of the dash aiming at the windshield to heat and defrost all areas of the glass in cold weather. Other Trekkers did not come with these!
Featured in 4WD TOYOTA OWNER Magazine. If you're into wheeling 4X4 Toyotas this is the magazine to have!

The Trekker is the "prototype 4Runner". Built in partnership with Winnebago to create a sleepable vehicle. this Trekker still has the original Winnebago information sticker! The key component of the Trekker is that the entire rear body is fiberglass. Only the cab is steel. The fiberglass is. of course. the Winnebago RV influence. It saves a ton of weight. by the way. and makes fuel economy even better.
Speaking of fuel economy. the tired old 22R was swapped in favor of a fresh fuel injected 22R-E that will do 25mpg all day. No more finicky carburetor. just smooth power--and this engine likes to pull! You'll want to rev it out a bit and shift in the power band; she's a strong. solid engine.
Yotamasters in Corona. CA put in a new timing chain. updated timing chain guides. cover. water pump. gaskets. Tight engine. no oil leaks.
Marlin Crawler rebuilt 5-speed manual transmission is paired to a Marlin Crawler rebuilt transfer case that has a Marlin Ultimate 4. 7 gear set in it. This truck will climb a tree in Low range. Literally.

Aussie Lockers front and rear!
Custom Redline Land Cruisers sliders. front bumper and rear bumper. Front bumper is winch ready (winch not included). Factor 55 alloy hawse fairlead included. Rear bumper holds the spare 33" BFG KM2 on a cool drop-down design that also doubles as a step-up into the truck.
Interior is good for its age. carpet all there but coming off the bed in places. smells musty with age. doesn't bother me and would be a quick and easy replace from Home Depot. Rear seat functions as it should. all seat belts are there. Roof is painted white.
The Trekker is 33 years old and she's not perfect--nitpicks and flaws include door handles are sticky. windshield wipers need a tweak. fuel gauge works about 50% of the time. typical spiderwebbing of the fiberglass. seats are worn. rear hatch doesn't seal with the body (I've put in some weatherstrip foam there to help). Body has typical scuffs and scratches. only surface rust on frame. floor patched front passenger side. very straight except at front right corner where the fender is slightly tweaked and the turn signal lens is missing a screw.

Near new 33" BFG KM2s mounted on sharp looking 15" custom wheels.
4" Rough Country lift (springs and shocks). I took out one leaf all around for my expedition use. the leafs will go with the truck if you want some more clearance later.
Original Toyota radio equipment! Sadly. they don't turn on. and I've never bothered to dig behind the dash to connect the wiring. But they are there which is quite rare and perfect for a restoration. Comes with a Cobra CB. Firestik cable and Firestik antenna.
Sony GPS. Map is outdated. I use it solely for correct MPH readings.
I installed a rear 12V outlet.

Any questions please ask. Good reliable truck. it's been to Moab. took it on a thousand mile expedition this last summer to SE Oregon. see photo with the FJ45 Troopy. Happy to answer any questions. Vehicle is sold as is with no expressed or implied warranties. Located in Gig Harbor. WA. Can drive it to a vehicle transport depot within a 20 mile range or meet here in town. Payment: cash or cashiers check on major bank only. sorry. no personal checks or Paypal. Full payment within 7 days. no exceptions. Zero feedback bidders must contact me prior to bidding or I may cancel your bid. Clear title in hand. If paying by cashiers check. title will release when check is verified as good. Please check my feedback and bid with confidence. I am an active Cruiserhead who has owned. wheeled and sold various Aussie diesel Cruisers like that FJ45 and others. This is my first Trekker and what a rig. Wheels like a beast. Rare--even has original rear Trekker decal! Can do Moab. Rubicon. whatever. no problem. Locked. lifted. Marlin 4. 7 gears. this dog will hunt. Thank you and happy bidding!

coop74

Old Camping Dude
I actually owned one. It was red and took me to many a place the jeep guys said you are going to get stuck... It was a great vehicle and I wish i had never sold it...

Last edited:

tienckb

Adventurer
Where is the rig located? I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member