1986 Lance Squire LS3000 Overland Build

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Installed new floor covering. And got all the aluminum diamond deck installed. I used Sika flex 221 staples and stainless screws on belly of overhang. Installed the new escape hatch vent as well.
Just have to stall the overhang trim and it's ready to use. I will be painting the exterior in white monstalina at some point before fall.

IMAG2155.jpgIMAG2378.jpgIMAG2379.jpgIMAG2382.jpgIMAG2384.jpgIMAG2385.jpgIMAG2386.jpg

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Looks great.

Thanks!
Back on the truck for all the final finishing, weatherproofing and painting.

IMAG2395_zpsc4hjrxzf.jpg

IMAG2399_zpsnqeyj8yy.jpg

IMAG2391_zpsg91x8gdx.jpg

IMAG2393_zpsf7ab1v74.jpg

IMAG2397_zps8avxipyg.jpg

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Amazing refurb and upgrade. The suspension looks dialed in perfectly. Keep some strong,E-rated shoes on it.

Enjoy that sucker.

Last edited:
How is the grey water and black water setup on that one since it does not hang out over the rear. I have a old 1989 Lance lc 480 but the black water is under the rear bumper. Anyway, I feel inspired to keep my old lance and repair/update it now after seeing your project.

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
Beautiful work, once again. Perfect size for two adults that want to get away from the madding crowd. I've been working on the old crate the last little while replacing the crack prone aluminum wheels with steel wheels. Fronts are stock 2000-2002 Dodge SRW, 16", 7-1/2" bead to bead; 6.25" back spacing. The rears are Stockton Wheel, so called, 'Power Wagon' steel wheels; 16", 10" wide, bead to bead, 4.5" back spacing with 1/2 inch solid steel plate center hubs. Stupid high reserve of capacity. I just got new 315x75R16 Cooper Disco AT3's, 10" wide, 35" tires. I'll be doing an exhaustive survey of TC wheels for the online magazine; Truck Camper Adventures in the coming weeks. Here are some pix of the new wheels and tires, sans TC: here's a good visual on the back spacing differential:

yes, that's our white cat.

jefe

Last edited:

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Amazing refurb and upgrade. The suspension looks dialed in perfectly. Keep some strong,E-rated shoes on it.

Enjoy that sucker.

Gotta agree with him ^^. Amazing to see the work you have done.

Jack
Thanks guys! SOrry for the late reply I havent been on the forums in awhile, things are settled down a bit so I will be on more often.

How is the grey water and black water setup on that one since it does not hang out over the rear. I have a old 1989 Lance lc 480 but the black water is under the rear bumper. Anyway, I feel inspired to keep my old lance and repair/update it now after seeing your project.
The sewer tank is directly under the bathroom and the grey water tank is hanging on the outside of the camper under the sink oven and stove from the bathroom all the way to the front of the camper.

GREY WATER:
IMAG1362_zpsmktytxc6.jpg

SEWER:
IMAG1361_zpsqodzrxii.jpg

Beautiful work, once again. Perfect size for two adults that want to get away from the madding crowd. I've been working on the old crate the last little while replacing the crack prone aluminum wheels with steel wheels. Fronts are stock 2000-2002 Dodge SRW, 16", 7-1/2" bead to bead; 6.25" back spacing. The rears are Stockton Wheel, so called, 'Power Wagon' steel wheels; 16", 10" wide, bead to bead, 4.5" back spacing with 1/2 inch solid steel plate center hubs. Stupid high reserve of capacity. I just got new 315x75R16 Cooper Disco AT3's, 10" wide, 35" tires. I'll be doing an exhaustive survey of TC wheels for the online magazine; Truck Camper Adventures in the coming weeks. Here are some pix of the new wheels and tires, sans TC: here's a good visual on the back spacing differential:

yes, that's our white cat.

jefe
Those rears look incredibly strong! I like them. If you dont mind me asking what did those cost you?

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
The custom made Stockton Wheels were $240 each. Add $50 powder coating per each. They are heavy and reduce the acceleration. At the same time, some of that has to do with going from 33" to 35" tires, which weigh more and have fewer rotations per mile: all unsprung weight. There is a back story to these which I'll get into with my article. The brake clearance on my Dana 80 rear axle with the 16x10, 4.5" B.S. Stockton Wheel, just to make sure they would clear the brakes. They did clear but not by much. If i were to do it again, I would have gone to 18" wheels for clearance no matter what the back spacing is. My special purpose wheels are to have the MOST sidewall for deflating, running @ 22 pounds for the dunes with a TC.

The wheels and tires that were replaced this week. It's still awe inspiring to see the size of a 375x65R16 vs. a 265x75R16 stock tire/wheel:

jefe

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
I made a switch over to Flickr. So all the photos on this build are here:
https://flic.kr/s/aHskZ2YVPg

The wife made some curtains and new cushions for the dining area.
I have 1 pic from the morning we left for our first trip of the summer and a few from Philbrook Lake . I left the tailgate on this time and it worked out great. Im really bad at taking photos while we are traveling. My main camera is my cell phone and I tend to put that away as soon as we hit the trails, so nobody bothers me!
I picked up a new red rear running light cover on the trip too.

20170628_190256 by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

20170628_190226 by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

20170628_190217 by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

20170630_082358 by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

20170604_142902_resized by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

20170604_142832_resized by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

20170604_142740_resized by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member