My Chaser

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
So the main difference between the Chaser and the Horizon is the suspension, is that correct?

I'm starting to build mine in my head!!!

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Steve, awesome combination! Rubi Unlimited and Chaser....i'm envious. That's pretty much my dream package. :beer:

I'm having trouble downloading Mario's pdf file for his pricing, would someone be kind enough to c&p into an email to me? (Rockiehigh@aol.com) Or if Mario wouldnt mind posting it up here?

The few guys who mentioned if they had it to do again they would go with Mario's product vs building their own has me thinking. I just might have to put the M100 up for sale. :Wow1:

PCRover

Adventurer
The few guys who mentioned if they had it to do again they would go with Mario's product vs building their own has me thinking. I just might have to put the M100 up for sale.

I almost purchased a Chaser as it is a great product but was worried if I would get enough use out of a trailer to justify the cost. What I decided to do was get the M101CDN and build my own mini version to see how I like the trailer concept. If it the trailer concept works out well for me, then I will go ahead and spend the money to get one of Mario's designs as they are far superior to mine. The Chaser and others have been an inspiration for me to get the M101 and try out the adventure trailer concept.

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Steve Curren said:
Ed, there is a whole section on the website dedicated to the Chaser, click on the red oval with Chaser in it. Once you get your sat phone how about getting the vehicle dirty?

Steve Curren

Shoot! I totally missed that red oval.
I had the Horizon page bookmarked and never went back to the home page. LOL...

In any case, ChuckB,
No, there are more differences between the Horizon and Chaser than the suspension. The horizon is built around a larger box, has external cargo boxes, optional kitchen, awning, and so on. The Chaser is simpler, less frills, and I believe a tad smaller...and quite a bit less costly.

Send Mario a PM and/or check out the specs on the website.

Cheers!
Ed

Steve Curren

Explorer
The Chaser is a bit shorter and more narrow, empty it weighs 700 pounds. Mario has a platform that fits on the side for a stove and is working on a design for an awning. I sure love the large size of the tent, larger than a King and I am gonna love that after the old military cots for years. I just hope I don't go to sleep walking and find myself at the bottom of the ladder.:Wow1:

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
DaktariEd said:
Shoot! I totally missed that red oval.
I had the Horizon page bookmarked and never went back to the home page. LOL...

In any case, ChuckB,
No, there are more differences between the Horizon and Chaser than the suspension. The horizon is built around a larger box, has external cargo boxes, optional kitchen, awning, and so on. The Chaser is simpler, less frills, and I believe a tad smaller...and quite a bit less costly.

Send Mario a PM and/or check out the specs on the website.

Cheers!
Ed

ahhh... thanks, I got fixated on the suspension and missed those other details :rolleyes:

Whoknows

Observer
New to posting here -- lurking for a brief while. BTW, I love the forum.

I've got my Horizon on order. And, I echo all that is said regarding Mario as well as Martyn over at Adventure Trailers.

Re: differences and suspension, I believe the website is a bit outdated (no doubt b/c they are busting their arses trying to build my trailer!) and that they are now only offering the "new" suspension on both models.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Whoknows said:

I've got my Horizon on order. And, I echo all that is said regarding Mario as well as Martyn over at Adventure Trailers.

Re: differences and suspension, I believe the website is a bit outdated (no doubt b/c they are busting their arses trying to build my trailer!) and that they are now only offering the "new" suspension on both models.

Welcome to ExPo! I dig the avatar pic. And congrats on your new trailer. :beer:

I believe you are correct on the suspension being (or becoming) standard for both models, but we'll let Mario chime in for verification.

Scott Brady

Founder
Whoknows said:

Welcome to ExPo :wavey:

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
I'm curious about the suspension set up. I haven't found a good picture yet.

From what little I can see and the description it looks like an independent swing arm A frame with a small air bag for the actual suspension.

Nice idea allowing tailoring of spring rate to load via air pressure.

I am getting my ideas inorder for the trailer I am building. I was going to 4 link it and I really like the Air bag idea.

Whoknows

Observer
Thanks for the welcome. The info and experiences on this board are invaluable. I wouldn't have known about AT without it -- was giving up on idea of finding a truly off-road camping rig. I'll keep you informed as it gets closer to delivery. First adventure will be driving it home from CA to TX.

:bowdown:

Whoknows

Observer
Nullifier,

I initiated my order on 5/19, and am expecting a delivery date in July, though I don't have a date yet.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Whoknows said:
Nullifier,

I initiated my order on 5/19, and am expecting a delivery date in July, though I don't have a date yet.

wow that's quick! Hell it took 8 months to get my beards seat for crying out loud and there is a hell of alot more fab in a trailer!

Whoknows

Observer
and, made-to-order too!

When I have it, it will seem like no-time. Right now, I sware my watch moves slower.

Actually, I'm very comfortable b/c it seems that these guys are not going to compromise on quality. I'd rather wait than have an inferior product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke