The Jeepenwagen 2015 JKU Wrangler adventure mobile

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Looks like an awesome trip!
So what size tires did you end up going with? Great choice in brand-model, and they look like they fill the fender wells pretty good. :beer:

machine1

Explorer
Looks like an awesome trip!
So what size tires did you end up going with? Great choice in brand-model, and they look like they fill the fender wells pretty good. :beer:

Thanks! I went with LT255/80R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx's. They're 33" tall on Cooper's website and so far they've been great. Drove through some crazy storms yesterday and didn't slip one bit.

rla1022

Wow. Looks like you had fun.Palo Duro is awesome. We are going out there (Az, UT, and CO) this summer. Also in North Texas (Frisco)

machine1

Explorer
Wow. Looks like you had fun.Palo Duro is awesome. We are going out there (Az, UT, and CO) this summer. Also in North Texas (Frisco)

Hey there fellow North Texan!

I wish I had more time to head further west and explore the trails of CO and NM. I'd like to see pictures from your summer trip after you come back from there!

JKU87

Adventurer
I run the same tires on my JKU and absolutely love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Love the simplicity of your Jeep right now. Look forward to keeping up with your build

Also, interested in your Soft Roaders Group. I'll have to keep in touch for the group's future events, might have to attend them.

machine1

Explorer
Love the simplicity of your Jeep right now. Look forward to keeping up with your build

Also, interested in your Soft Roaders Group. I'll have to keep in touch for the group's future events, might have to attend them.

Hey thanks! I'm taking a slow approach to the build. I like subtle, that's how I am with most of my vehicles.

Are you on Facebook? We host all of our events from there. If not you can find me posting in the Central States subforum. I have cousins that live in Fayetteville, if I go up there maybe you can show me some trails? I'll follow you on Instagram.

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Hey thanks! I'm taking a slow approach to the build. I like subtle, that's how I am with most of my vehicles.

Are you on Facebook? We host all of our events from there. If not you can find me posting in the Central States subforum. I have cousins that live in Fayetteville, if I go up there maybe you can show me some trails? I'll follow you on Instagram.

I am on Facebook so I can take a look and see what upcoming events are available.

Actually as of now live my life half in Fayetteville and the other half outside Houston, college and home. Should start to become a little more permanent once I get situated in my house up there. I'll be honest, my trail knowledge is still very vague up there due to not really having enough time between most of my studies. Still in the process of finding trail locations from mutual friends on here and other social media. Just sent a follow back on Insta

machine1

Explorer
Brought a few new friends along for a tour of our local OHV Park on July 3rd. Here's the only video I was able to get:

27457773754_3c1733573d_b.jpg

28037536856_3c376af912_b.jpg

Next trip is our Hill Country Wine Tour in August.

I picked up some 18/60 springs (currently have 17/58's), so maybe a 1/4" of lift? I'm going to get 1" spacers to level out the front at least.
Going to have to find a CB radio for the wine tour, and am looking at a Rotopax spare tire mount to run a gas can.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Last edited:

vhercules

Great video as always machine1. Good to see a variety of vehicles take on the same trail.
Was that a trail hawk jeep renegade ? And the outback, was it stock with no lift? The forester looks like had a 2mplus inch lift.
your wrangler came down effortlessly.
Was interesting to see the old body on frame sorento, don't see many of those off-road.

machine1

Explorer
Great video as always machine1. Good to see a variety of vehicles take on the same trail.
Was that a trail hawk jeep renegade ? And the outback, was it stock with no lift? The forester looks like had a 2mplus inch lift.
your wrangler came down effortlessly.
Was interesting to see the old body on frame sorento, don't see many of those off-road.

Thanks vhercules! I'm always trying to one-up my videos every time.

Yes, that was a Renegade Trailhawk, great approach and departure angles. The Outback was completely stock, hence the bumper scraping noises, the driver was very skilled. The Forester has a 7" lift on it, all custom. And yes the Wrangler makes everything look easy, haha.
The Sorento is lifted 2" and has the same model tire I'm running, I'm surprised that it has an actual low range box on it.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Hey. Do you have your new springs on? Any difference in your rig?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Cool. I am on 18/58s now, I am soon going to goto 19/60s. Just to freshen the springs up. with 193,000 on my stockers I'm sure they are pooched a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke