The Jeepenwagen 2015 JKU Wrangler adventure mobile

machine1

Explorer
That's a great CB & mount setup. :beer:

Down the road you can always mix some micro-balloons into some 5 minute epoxy and fill the oblong part of the hole. Use a bit of black dye, and it will work great.
Just sand the inside of the housing a bit, and use some alcohol prep for good adhesion.

Thanks! I will definitely look into that. That would ease my thoughts of water entry into that area.

machine1

Explorer
A couple of updates:

Went with an even skinnier tire. Same size as before LT255/80R17 but in a Toyo Open Country R/T.

http://overland.kinja.com/who-likes-pizza-cutters-tires-that-is-1795321516

Last weekend Toyo used my Jeep in the Truck and Jeep Expo in Dallas:

33972917584_ee2309529a_b.jpg

mysahara

Jeepenwagen I've been following your jeep on here for a long time. I have a couple of questions, did the tire size have any effect on gas mileage, was there any loss of power or more shifting in hilly areas. Also what gears do you have in it.

Thanks!!

machine1

Explorer
Jeepenwagen I've been following your jeep on here for a long time. I have a couple of questions, did the tire size have any effect on gas mileage, was there any loss of power or more shifting in hilly areas. Also what gears do you have in it.

Thanks!!

Mysahara, my Unlimited Sport originally came with the 225/75R16 tires. I was getting between 18-19 mpg on those. When I first switched to the Coopers my fuel economy dropped down to 15-16, but after I picked up a Superchips Flashcal it went back up to 17-18 mpg. The shift points were completely wrong when I went to the larger tires without recalibration. With the Toyos, my fuel economy has not changed. I have the 3.21 gearing on mine.
I know that when I eventually get lockers, I will definitely be changing gear ratios.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles