The Jeepenwagen 2015 JKU Wrangler adventure mobile

machine1

Explorer
Greetings! I recently traded my Softroader in for a new JKU Wrangler Unlimited Sport Automatic. I've been in the Other section for quite a while now.

A little background, I'm part of the North American Soft Roaders. We are a backcountry expedition group based in North Texas and we plan a couple of day trips a year.

This was my previous adventure mobile, a lifted Subaru Forester XT on Cooper Discoverer AT3's:

DSC_0221 by Vinay Sisoukraj, on Flickr

Our group picture in Central OK from our last trip:

DSC_0173 by Vinay Sisoukraj, on Flickr

Here's the replacement for the Subie:

DSC_0309 by Vinay Sisoukraj, on Flickr

Picked up a set of Rubicon rock sliders for pretty cheap:

Untitled by Vinay Sisoukraj, on Flickr

Parked behind one of my other favourite solid axle vehicles at work:

Untitled by Vinay Sisoukraj, on Flickr

Got rid of those horrible OEM headlamps and replaced them with KC's:

IMG_1268 by Vinay Sisoukraj, on Flickr

Finally was able to take the top off before Christmas:

IMG_1375 by Vinay Sisoukraj, on Flickr

FullSizeRender by Vinay Sisoukraj, on Flickr

Took the Talimena Byway in OK while it was snowing:

DSC_0154 by Vinay Sisoukraj, on Flickr

And I finally was able to take him off-road, fully stock, in Hot Springs, AR:

DSC_0174 by Vinay Sisoukraj, on Flickr

Plans?

Well, some 33's to start with. Possibly in the 255/85R16 variety. We'll see where I go from there.

23390026781_fa4a9e259e_b.jpg

Last edited:

gregaf3

Observer
Looking good. Glad to see that you are off roading it in stock form so that you can see where you need to make improvements!!

machine1

Explorer
Looking good. Glad to see that you are off roading it in stock form so that you can see where you need to make improvements!!

Thanks! I always like to see what stock 4wd systems can do from the factory. I was impressed with the low range, at some points we were just idling up the hills.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Oh yeah. The jeep is the most capable stock vehicle available. I love mine. I have some improvements that make a nice difference. No massive lifts, or monster tires as we don't need em here.

machine1

Explorer
I'm enjoying it!

We went on a scouting trip for our upcoming meet this past weekend. Here's a short clip on some of the terrain:

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Very cool! :beer:

So do you think this will become a trend in the group, to go towards more off-road-centric vehicles?

machine1

Explorer
Thanks fellas!

Our group is a mixed bag, when our Spring and Summer meets come around you'll see more of the Softroader type vehicles. I think we're around 50% body on frame and 50% unibody off roaders currently, our trips usually don't require anything too heavy duty. I've always had my eye on a body-on-frame vehicle, have just been waiting for the opportunity to get one.

16637888008_2d19ae6ff7_h.jpg

machine1

Explorer
Made a trip out to PINS on the Gulf Coast for Valentine's Day. Did not break an axle this time, in 4WD most of the time on the beach because it was soft sand. Saw two Fords that didn't realize that they needed 4WD/AWD to get through the deep sand getting recovered.

24669558599_8cb486a774_b.jpg

We stopped past mile marker 10 where there were not many people and traffic.

25010818606_bd0c58dfef_b.jpg

24742732090_6e8f2c0ffb_b.jpg

Did the same thing last year in my old Subie.

18343517886_90f94c784e_b.jpg

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Wow. You must of had a faulty axle. I hammer mine pretty good an I have never broken anything up front. Thank god for warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke