Great Australian Bight Expedition

Pinstripe

Adventurer
Not my trip, but it's too nice to pass up. Fifty-six minutes covering a 15 day trip of the amazingly beautiful shore of southern Australia with Land Rovers and Toyotas.

Bring your camera, bathing suit, Maxtrax and spare tires.

1stDeuce

Explorer
AWESOME scenery and trip!! I'm hoping to see scenery somewhat like that in Baja this spring, but a trip to that part of Australia would be just awesome!!

I did note the same two things that seem speak to me from all of the videos of "real overlanding" that I watch...
1. Nobody much airs down, they just floor it until they're REALLY buried in the sand and then dig a lot and maxtrax until they're free... I assume this is done for the cameras, since it would get old with me...
2. The LR's with their 18" wheels and low profile tires were at a severe handicap for both sand and punctures. (Big surprise, right?)

I like how they show and talk about airing down several times, but every time I saw video of tires, it was obvious that they were pretty hard... I keep saying I don't get it, but I guess if you've got MaxTraxx along as a sponsor, then you need to get their products in as much vid as possible.

And it makes for better video than just driving along without issue... Got to have drama these days to keep everyone entertained! :)
Thanks for the link!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior